JVC 550 Tweeter Specs

BassHead

Member (SA)
May 5, 2018
St Petersburg, FL
Hi All. I recently met with Badboybill and an awesome guy he is. I hooked him with my Telefunken and he is helping me fix a couple things and some general guidance. He got the pinch roller spring on right, and I have her 100% rocking...but couldn't successfully fix the cracked cassette door with JBweld (the weld looks right but it doesn't pop into place)...after multiple tries...so I'll continue looking for a door...using my broken one for now! All my other repairs work :). My only issue is the tweeter sounds bad. She hisses pretty bad and I generally put the treble slider down so it doesn't bother me.

I couldn't find a photo of the tweeter spec. Didn't take that photo, and couldn't find one on here. Can anyone can give me the Watts / Ohms / spacing of mounting holes (4 or 2?), and potentially recommend a replacement?

Thanks!!
Mike

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Reli said:
Wait, which box is this?
Mono jvc rc550 Hans... Might be a bad capacitor Mike!!

BassHead said:
Hi All. I recently met with Badboybill and an awesome guy he is. I hooked him with my Telefunken and he is helping me fix a couple things and some general guidance. He got the pinch roller spring on right, and I have her 100% rocking...but couldn't successfully fix the cracked cassette door with JBweld (the weld looks right but it doesn't pop into place)...after multiple tries...so I'll continue looking for a door...using my broken one for now! All my other repairs work :). My only issue is the tweeter sounds bad. She hisses pretty bad and I generally put the treble slider down so it doesn't bother me.

I couldn't find a photo of the tweeter spec. Didn't take that photo, and couldn't find one on here. Can anyone can give me the Watts / Ohms / spacing of mounting holes (4 or 2?), and potentially recommend a replacement?

Thanks!!
Mike
Thank you Mike!! Might just be a bad capacitor for tweeter

BassHead

Member (SA)
May 5, 2018
St Petersburg, FL
Bill, I bought the tweeter just in case. It was $3! We will see...but I suspect you are right.

I also ordered a Pacific Stereo capstan motor for my 525. I don't own a micrometer but the shaft on the 550 motor is larger. So I'm assuming the 550 has a 2.5mm shaft and the 525 has a 2.0 shaft. Does that seem right? If not Pacific Stereo offers a shaft sleeve to increase diameter to 2.5mm so I can buy that after the fact.