Just taken a random gamble on a Sanyo M9998K

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
T-STER said:
YUp this. Its a bitch to remove or disconnect the boards to get to the tape to but its a helluva lot easier if you have done it before. I'm going to try and put some sort of guide together as its not well documented and extremely tricky.

It is a beautiful deck though and i'm glad i persisted.
Dear me, I love this forum! After the dire warnings I read of this particularly difficult box to work on, I'm gripped by this whole saga. I can hardly wait to see this story evolve: the twists and turns building up as I read through the paragraphs, the unexpected twists confounding my guesswork as to the next stage and, as for the happy ending - I can't wait.....................unless the end game leaves me in suspense as the plot evolves into Just taken a random gamble on a Sanyo M9998K - Pt 2: Revenge of the BB!
:w00t: :yes: :-D :lol: :thumbsup:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
And here it is ! Untested as yet but managed to rip off the substantial packing to take a couple of shots. Looks complete, antennas are all good, knobs / dials present and correct. It's had a little epoxy repair to one of the antenna retaining mounts but nothing major.

IMG_20160831_110719.jpg

IMG_20160831_110728.jpg

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
OK so I've powered the beast up and found the following. First, stuff works :-) At least, the radio does. FM sounds great although volume, balance and mode select all need cleaning because they are scratchy. Tape movement is non existent sadly but we will see what can be done.

Sound quality is excellent.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.