Just got one more JVC M90!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
BoomboxLover48 said:
I think I would sleep with it in the bed lol.
You lucky man lol.
:w00t: :lol:

Thank you dear Floyd!
Love you bro! :yes:

Brutus442 said:
2 M90's??

Lightning can strike twice! Very nice...

Not to dredge up this often discussed topic but I have a theory. I also have the M90 with the grey speakers and orange combo and it was sheltered from the sunlight. I believe it to be a result of a change in paint supplier/ treatment process. This is just my opinion but it would be curious to see if all of the orange/ grey machines were made in a certain time frame (from the manufacturers line stamp inside the chassis).

Anyway's back to our previously scheduled droolfest....pics!!!!
Actually it was heavy rain with lightnings.... ....I was so scared.... 66 miles through single lane country roads ...was not easy.

I took my the Big Boy Lexus.... kept me safe..what a great SUV...
.. :-D :w00t: :lol: :thumbsup:
I hate driving in the rain and at night lol. I could see myself going on an arduous trip for an m 90 , both ways would suck waiting to get there and waiting to get back.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JVC Floyd said:
I think I would sleep with it in the bed lol.
You lucky man lol.
:w00t: :lol:

Thank you dear Floyd!
Love you bro! :yes:

Brutus442 said:
2 M90's??

Lightning can strike twice! Very nice...

Not to dredge up this often discussed topic but I have a theory. I also have the M90 with the grey speakers and orange combo and it was sheltered from the sunlight. I believe it to be a result of a change in paint supplier/ treatment process. This is just my opinion but it would be curious to see if all of the orange/ grey machines were made in a certain time frame (from the manufacturers line stamp inside the chassis).

Anyway's back to our previously scheduled droolfest....pics!!!!
Actually it was heavy rain with lightnings.... ....I was so scared.... 66 miles through single lane country roads ...was not easy.

I took my the Big Boy Lexus.... kept me safe..what a great SUV...
.. :-D :w00t: :lol: :thumbsup:
I hate driving in the rain and at night lol. I could see myself going on an arduous trip for an m 90 , both ways would suck waiting to get there and waiting to get back.

HI Floyd,

I made it before dark even though with heavy rain ....it was kind of dark with poor visibility.
Actually I was very nervous, but I took the challenge and risks involved....it was worth it. Nothing can stop the love for getting nice boxes!
Now taking it all apart for a cleaning, lube, Deoxit cleaning, belt replacement and all. Washed already the rear cover, took all the knobs out.
I am following Fatdog (Bobby's method) of naming even the position of screws where they come off and make sure to put it back where it belongs all systematically.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Pretty obvious UV isn't responsible, you'd see an uneven pattern of degradation otherwise, from where the light did and did not come into contact. I'd expect to see the upper part of the woofers still have some blue to them.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Sorry to hijack Royce but I just wanted to share a few pictures of an M90 that belonged to a friend before myself and Stereomad restored it a couple or three years ago.

Severe sun damage on the vu’s and On the speakers. They were almost white. So I believe that the uv factor is a thing with this model.

Also note the tuner dial.

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
You deserve it brother , in my opinion the m90 is one of the very few boxes that stand above the crowd for better or worse it stand on its own as a bad mother fooker.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
BoomboxLover48 said:
You deserve it brother , in my opinion the m90 is one of the very few boxes that stand above the crowd for better or worse it stand on its own as a bad mother fooker.
Thanks brother! :-D
yup the m90 still kicks a$$ even after using to a 5 grand hifi lol congrats once again, i need another m90, everyone else is getting them lol :thumbsup: :cool:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rimmer36 said:
Thanks brother! :-D
yup the m90 still kicks a$$ even after using to a 5 grand hifi lol congrats once again, i need another m90, everyone else is getting them lol :thumbsup: :cool:

:w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: Thanks!

Replaced the belts and also a half way burnt fusible resistor on it. It was still reading okay for resistance, but replaced it.
I will post pics.

Chris posted a nice link on that fusible resistor replacement.
http://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/29389-m90-successful-deck-repair-how-to/?hl=%2Bjvc+%2Bm90

Thanks to Eric and Norm for their help with parts and advise.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I can tell you what makes that resistor fail , its when people use the control panel like its a keyboard and all that activity heats up the resistor.at least that's my theory I know I'm guilty of it lol.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
It's simpler than that, Floyd. Once the main belt goes, the mode gear can't reset the solenoid, which makes it stay on way longer than it's supposed to be, and burns out the resistor connected to it.