JC 2000 / Helix Wheely 5000 upgrade, Bluetooth and Power supply

jc2000

Sep 2, 2023
UK
Hi Legends,

My wife scored a couple of these units whilst running a dance studio in another life and now it is time to bring them back to the 21st century!

The main features seem to work ok, although the plastic case is only being held on in a few locations...

Firstly: What is the best way/location to add a Bluetooth module to these units?
I want something to be hardwired internally and will probably add Bluetooth function switch to the case.

Secondly: I want to add an internal Lipo or Lifepo4 battery, ideally something that can be charged from the main power lead but I realise it may be easier to keep them separate. Does anyone have experience in upgrading the power supply? I notice a low hum when the mains power is plugged in but not turned on.

Cheer,

jc2000

Sep 2, 2023
UK
Still working on this.

Does anyone know what speakers this Amp can take?

The power consumption is stated as 80W on the back.

The speakers are printed 20-35w 4ohms & 2w 4ohms for the tweeters. I will replace the tweeters first as I cannot hear/feel them at all.

Is it worth replacing the woofers or is it more productive to replace all capacitors, which I will do anyway? I don't really want to lose the chrome woofer domes...

Interestingly, the audio sounds very different depending on the input, the 2 x mic inputs are very tinnie and cannot be controlled via the equaliser, the CD input feels hollow and bassy compared to the FM radio which sounds best!

I'm looking at the Peerless TC5FC07-04 1-1/2" tweeters, 5w RMS, 4Ω.

Any recommendations are welcome.