Status
Not open for further replies.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
docs said:
As I noted above it's a common problem
You really are an irritating unhelpful member of this community.
Why don't you just tell people what fixes you have provided in the past so it can be archived and used for years to come?
So annoying, either help or stfu tbh.
I'm glad you said it Docs, I was just scrolling down to type the same.

Having what i assume is a grown man typing "i know it is" or similar to each post of a member searching for help is childish and unhelpful. If my 11 year old son acted like that i would be disappointed....

Reactions: elezaregilsja

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
One of the main functions of site is to help each other who is interested in this hobby. :yes:
We all should contribute! :clap:
I always try my best with the little knowledge I have... :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Frustrations aside, please keep it clean.

mmcodomino said:
Hi guys!

Brian and I are currently in the process of trying to fix a 5350 and it seems one channel of the preamp is deal. Can we just inverse the 3-pin IC to check if that is the solution?

Here is a data sheet of the chip:
http://www.weisd.com/store2/NTE373.pdf

Thanks a lot in advance!
Max, has this problem been solved? Can this thread be closed?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
As a Brit, that was clean.
Sometimes some people just need telling but I am happy to see resolutions to problems like these from those that know, if indeed there is such a person :)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
BoomboxLover48 said:
One of the main functions of site is to help each other who is interested in this hobby. :yes:
We all should contribute! :clap:
I always try my best with the little knowledge I have... :yes:
Amen to that man, nothing better than helpin another brother out with a fix :-D

Docs is a straight talking guy and extremely helpful to memebers, he's very adept and always keen to share. He was just calling it as he see's it. It's all good :cool:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
docs said:
As a Brit, that was clean.
Sometimes some people just need telling but I am happy to see resolutions to problems like these from those that know, if indeed there is such a person :)
I agree. It is a pity to have a member, who supposedly knows how to fix the problem, to not give any help in the thread.

However, the terse, non-helpful "suggestions" should have been addressed months ago when the thread was more relevant.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Ok, I'll just say it. The problem is the NE649 Dolby chips. This is "The Fix" to this problem which is very common on Panasonic models. Each channel has its own chip so if only 1-channel is dead, you can confirm by swapping them from side to side. However, you should only attempt this if you have sufficient soldering skill and appropriate equipment to desolder the chips without damaging them, and better still, install IC sockets so that the chips can be reinstalled without further heating shock. This also allows simple replacement if the chip is confirmed bad.

toshik

Member (SA)
Mar 1, 2015
St. Augustine, FL
Fatdog said:
I agree. It is a pity to have a member, who supposedly knows how to fix the problem, to not give any help in the thread.

However, the terse, non-helpful "suggestions" should have been addressed months ago when the thread was more relevant.
I'm sorry guys but upon registering at this forum, I did not see any obligations on sharing any info.
Topic starter was going the wrong directing I was trying to guide him in the right direction this is all. What is bad about guiding the person in the right direction?
Bitching about not giving out the information and immediatey jumping into personal comments about me is AT LEAST not nice and should not be tolerated by the moderator. Example: there is another fellow on the forum selling clings for RX series I did not see anyone complaining about him not giving clings away for free to another members :-)
Anyone who does not like something can feel free to purchase RX-5350 boombox, scope, meters and whatever else needed, spend a few weeks finding the solution and post it here - this would make everyone happy I guess!

I checked all my posts asking for help and MOST of them ended up with me finding the solution myself.

I am trying to be as reasonable as possible and I should say that mr. Superduper WAS always very nice helpful in all technical matters to me, so his post surprised me quite a bit since I was the one who told him about the faulty Dolby chips! Taking credit for someone else is not nice, I tried to PM him on this first but sadly his PMs are locked, so I post it here.

One more thing - moderator please lock the thread I don't want to see more insults here.
If anyone feels I don't need to stay here anymore since I'm not making everyone completely happy I'd cancel my membership right away.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
toshik said:

I'm sorry guys but upon registering at this forum, I did not see any obligations on sharing any info.
Topic starter was going the wrong directing I was trying to guide him in the right direction this is all. What is bad about guiding the person in the right direction?
Bitching about not giving out the information and immediatey jumping into personal comments about me is AT LEAST not nice and should not be tolerated by the moderator. Example: there is another fellow on the forum selling clings for RX series I did not see anyone complaining about him not giving clings away for free to another members :-)
Anyone who does not like something can feel free to purchase RX-5350 boombox, scope, meters and whatever else needed, spend a few weeks finding the solution and post it here - this would make everyone happy I guess!

I checked all my posts asking for help and MOST of them ended up with me finding the solution myself.

I am trying to be as reasonable as possible and I should say that mr. Superduper WAS always very nice helpful in all technical matters to me, so his post surprised me quite a bit since I was the one who told him about the faulty Dolby chips! Taking credit for someone else is not nice, I tried to PM him on this first but sadly his PMs are locked, so I post it here.

One more thing - moderator please lock the thread I don't want to see more insults here.
If anyone feels I don't need to stay here anymore since I'm not making everyone completely happy I'd cancel my membership right away.
Not trying to be a jerk but no where in this post did you actually say what issues were and it took a few members pointing this out.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
toshik said:

You said "I did not see any obligations on sharing any info"

Ask yourself why a member has to visit this site? There is a give and take. Give more.... to help fellow members.

You are a very knowledgeable person! Please don't feel bad. Please try to help whenever you can. The helping mentality has to come from our heart! When I was new years back, I was so happy to see all the help I am getting here.

Superduper is very professional, knowledgeble, most helpful, and respected member here. He will NOT take credit for someone else! He is not that cheap! That guy got so much knowledge in electronics!

The thought he is taking "credit" itself is a misunderstanding. If you knew the problem then why you didn't chime in? So you didn't want to share that information, right? There you go!

Past is past! Please don't hold any grudges. We all are bros and sisters of a wonderful hobby. Pillow fights are common among bros and sisters. :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take it easy!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
toshik said:
Real "guiding" would be:

"Have you checked... those are problem areas."
"I had the same problem. Here is how I fixed it..."
"It sounds like you should replace..."

Here are some early replies in this thread.

"This is very typical issue. Does not need two of you to fix."
Okay, how do I fix it?

"Cleaning won't fix it."
Okay, what will fix it?

"Your mailbox is full."
I appreciate you trying to offer your repair services, but seriously, if you know how to fix it, just tell me how to do it myself.

"As I noted above it's a common problem."
This is exasperating - round and round we go.

Honestly, do those replies, in bold, sound very helpful at all? One could have been just as helpful if he had replied:

"The sky is blue today."
"That bird is nice."
"I like the touch of velvet."

"Two plus two."

We are not dealing with trade secrets of international importance here. If a member needs help and we have an idea of what the problem is, we should share our knowledge - not because we feel we are required to do so, but because we have a desire to help our fellow man, or woman. Chances are what we learned came at the expense of a lot of curse words and frustration. Why not alleviate some of that frustration for another person? In the very least, offer words of encouragement or sympathy.

No, sharing with the community is not required; sharing or withholding is always up to the particular member.

Post or do not.

If you do, make it count.

Status
Not open for further replies.