I'm back!

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Miss the forum and you guys. Been really busy this past year. Everything in my personal life went on hold and literally is like a time warp as it was left. My radios haven't moved, the one on the bench is still there and looking the same as it did last summer. (Magnavox D8443) We have been safe with no issues while living in the greater Phoenix Metro area. I started another hobby... Bought a Panasonic Lumix S1R camera and absolutely love it. This is coming from a Canon 60D. Sold all my canon gear which helped fund this rather expensive camera. That said, I still adore my radios as I pass by them twice a day. They are lit up at night via timed lighting. I hope everyone is hanging in there. Its been a really $hitty year for the most part but we will get through this.
I should add, that since last July, I lost over 70 lbs and I am down to 158. Feel absolutely amazing. My wife went from 164 to 104. I cant stress enough how important it is to maintain a healthy eating habit with this CV going around.

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Congratulations! Great to hear you and your wife doing well! What made the weight loss so dramatic?
Any shots from the S1R please?

Reactions: MesaAZGuy

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
We raise Classic Old Frills Satinette pigeons. I have 7 adults in an outdoor loft, three youngsters in the house which are hand fed and two that just hatched. I am still learning to use this camera. I am absolutely in awe with it.

For the weight loss, We both reached our breaking points. She had diabetes and high blood pressure. Doc told her if she didn't make any further changes, she was going to go on insulin shots above her Metformin. I had fatty liver, sleep apnea, gerd, high cholesterol and some other crap. We both cut out carbs, sugar and dairy. Started drinking more water and cooking at home. Her diabetes was reversed and is no longer on pills which she was taking for the last 6 years. Truly life changing. Neither of us even had to exercise to lose the weight. If I did some sit ups I would really tighten up the core but for now, I am loving the way I look! No more double gut!

YJCG8989.jpegLoft Hi Res.jpeg

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Simon, that is amazing!! I wish I had your willpower to stay on a somewhat healthy diet. Glad to see you back!!

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Honestly, You just have to get to a breaking point before you get serious to do anything about it. Having a spouse thats supportive is absolutely necessary. Both of you have to stay on course. If one eats ice cream while the other is on a diet, it is just a set up for failure. We started with protein shakes for breakfast and graduated to eggwhites with chopped onions, spinach and avocado slices. One slice of Eziekel 9 sprouted oat toast and I'm good for the entire morning.
I never really left, just that life got in the way. These birds and their loft need quite a bit of attention as do the babies!

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Well done Simon. Losing weight is extremely hard and keeping it off is even harder. Both my wife and I shed 20lbs before the COVID lockdown and I hate to admit it but gained it back while "couch potato-ing" at home.

I found that my energy level, after losing the weight" skyrocketed and I'm hoping to bounce back after this pandemic is over and life resumes.

Welcome back and give yourselves a pat on the back for accomplishing a difficult task

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
This is where we started from. I used to fall asleep while driving and almost rolled my truck three times as I hit the right side concrete divider. Most of the time, I would stop at my wifes office midday to take a nap after lunch. My snoring would garner laughs from everyone! LOL Those days are long behind me now. Once I wake up in the morning, I'm ready to go.

IMG_8730.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg