ICS STR-5093 (aka Tecsonic mx-900E)

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
the vu meters on this thing being...well invisible....and while chatting with an enthousiast...he got the idea for a "custom" ICS ... with bluetooth (a basic 15 euro little block that had a nive "tuner knob"-ish look.... and added 2 buttons one to light the tuner dial one to light the tape decks - and to be coherent : changed the red "FM stereo" indicator for a blue one
(the leds are waaaaaaayyyy less violent in real life )

Attachments

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
Thank you, actually, when i got this device both of the mic's were out and their lines to the mainboard cut...so it left a void, happened to be a a perfect fit for 3mm leds, ( in reality its more of a t"transformers" like thing, it s not so flashy). I used them as "power" leds, when switched on they light up. Sortof a reminder that the powercord is still plugged in (it goest straight from the AC to the transfo, which is thus ALWAYS powered when plugged in, just like the power for backlit ring on the 2 buttons on the side that control the lights for tape and the lights for tuner).

For all the leds (except in the mic's places) I grabbed an old (electronic) transfo i had laying around , to avoid any interference - same thing for the bluetooth module which is powered by a usb-adapter (seperated from everything else), so in the end just a lot of soldering and hotgluegunning :)

In all fairness, most of the ideas came from the guy who when all was done, finished buying it from me - a bit like a custom-made modded ICS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutus442