I hope this is also for boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Leather is great for the looks and all but it stains and cannot bear weight like the webbed fabric, which is mosltly polyester or nylon which is commonly used for making belts.
To me leather is a high maintenance material. After some use the coating with the base color cracks and several places and looks ugly.
I have two cars with beige color leather seats and I know how much care ne have to give to maintain them in nice condition.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Higher end boomboxes were known to come with leather cases & straps back in the day, if I remember correctly. Some members have shown them here before. :hmmm:

novalia-bada

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2014
Cambridge, Uk
www.badaboombox.com
Thanks for the info! We're interested in designing a new boom box and are trying to get some feedback as to what people who love boom boxes like about aspects of the more vintage ones. Liking the idea of it coming in a case, that sounds good. We know a girl who makes amazing textiles using sound waves, maybe we could get her to design the case or the straps. Her company is called Beatwoven.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I havn't seen a leather strap on a vintage boombox, but we all know the TDK 2 speaker came with a big slab of leather!

If you have any new strap ideas you want to discuss, drop me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.