I hope this guy is NOT a member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
kraftmatic said:
This is my listing. There's nothing suspicious going on at my end, but I got screwed over THREE TIMES.

First, there was a bidder from Canada who jacked up the price and then pulled out of the auction two days before it ended. We had been discussing the shipping price by eBay's messaging system, and because I failed to reply to his message that only said "thank you", he was able to cancel his bid because he said he was "unable to contact seller".

Then a zero-feedback bidder came along and bid up the price again. He won but never paid. I have no idea what the hell was going on, and it looked suspicious to me, too, but what could I do? I couldn't cancel the sale until it was absolutely clear he wasn't going to pay, then I had to file a dispute, then wait for eBay to conclude the dispute. Next, while I was waiting, some arsehole steals one of my photos and my description to sell his 950.

And I never claimed my 820 is a 950 "clone", I simply said it's the Japanese version of the 950, which is true, is it not? I thought the photographs made it clear what this boombox is, but I can see how somebody might miss the differences between the models so I will add that information to the description.

This auction has been very frustrating for me, and now that members here, including some who I respect very much, are questioning my honesty, it's even worse. I'm not out to cheat anyone. I've made deals and trades with several members here, who will attest to my honesty and integrity. But I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.
Sorry for doubting you, but you have to admit it's a little suspicious. That one guy with 9 feedbacks was just sitting there hitting like 40 or 50 bids, one right after the other (and they weren't automatic bids either, because those would have been shaded gray.)

Did you send a Second-Chance offer to anyone? You don't have to wait very long to do any of that. Some dude hasn't paid an auction of mine that ended last Sunday, and never responded to my email, even though I politely told him that it's OK if doesn't want it.......I just wanted to be told yes or no, so I could move on. So I filed an Unpaid Item case yesterday, and I am allowed to close it 4 days after that. So that's a total of only 8 days. Also, I have already sent a Second Chance offer to the next highest bidder. Ebay doesn't force you to wait until the first guy responds to you. The second guy could pay me right now, and I'd be good to go. I don't have to sit around waiting for the first guy to explain himself.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Superduper said:
What happens if the first bidder pays and the second chance guy accepts/pays?
I spoke to someone at Ebay, and they said I'm free to accept either person's payment, as long as I refund the other one. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.