I do love speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Wow Norm,that's impressive!! Love it!!
My brother has some JBL 220's that are huge and are over 200lbs.each!! Crazy clean transducers!!
I have some Bose 501 series III speakers that are quite nice.
I just loved listening to my friends professional Nakamichi rack sound system hooked up to some Bose 901 Seriens IV speakers and it was so crystal clean and accurate!!
Yes I live speakers and Norm,I'd probably drive that far to!!😋😎🎼📟💳

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Chris, the clear HMP 100's actually sound pretty dang good compared to their wood counterpart. I have both of them and did a side-by-side comparison (both are the 200 watt version) and the clear speakers only lag behind a little in the bass, it is misses a little in the lower punch power that these 12" Pioneers tend to have naturally. My guess is that it is mostly due to the missing dampening material inside the speaker and not entirely due to the plastic material being used as opposed to wood.

Admittedly they are somewhat of a novelty but I like them and they sound very good. Pioneer made a similar clear turntable, that would be a nice addition to my collection.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
milosancho said:
Chris, the clear HMP 100's actually sound pretty dang good compared to their wood counterpart. I have both of them and did a side-by-side comparison (both are the 200 watt version) and the clear speakers only lag behind a little in the bass, it is misses a little in the lower punch power that these 12" Pioneers tend to have naturally. My guess is that it is mostly due to the missing dampening material inside the speaker and not entirely due to the plastic material being used as opposed to wood.

Admittedly they are somewhat of a novelty but I like them and they sound very good. Pioneer made a similar clear turntable, that would be a nice addition to my collection.
Wood versus plastic(clear acrylic) display cabinet makes a World of difference!

MDF or HDF wood always sound so much better! :yes:

Those clear boxes are only good for see through display purpose!

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Understood, wood is the way to go for speakers. There is so much more than just ascetics behind the use of wood in speakers, science and all that. But hearing is believing - these sound good to me.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
milosancho said:

Very interesting. I think they look cool as hell. Glad to know that have good sound as well

erniejade

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009

This was the basement before I had to convert it over to bedrooms. The 1.2, 2.3 and amazing have been sold and I do miss them!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oh, man... I remember going into the speaker room at the old Circuit City store in town. I would just stand there and dream of owning all of them. You never can have too many speakers! :-D :lol: :rock:

hagarthefish

Member (SA)
Mar 3, 2018
Preston, Lancashire
I have always loved Linn audio and back in the day I could only dream of owning the system I have now. The best sound I ever heard is the sound I am hearing now from the Linn Keltiks. Bet they would have sounded even better had my ears been younger lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.