I deleted facebook groups...... guess what?

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
I opened an account on Facebook years ago but something told me not to post there. You know what I never did!!

Honest truth!

Bobby that avatar is priceless! :lol:

Freddie with his Boyz II Men pose!!!!! :lol:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Well said Chris,I’ve wanted to delete my account on several occasions but I do keep in touch with my female friends so that’s probably the only reason I haven’t done that.😮

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
It surprises me how some people post everything about themselves, to the entire world, and expect only good things to happen from it.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
restocat said:
It surprises me how some people post everything about themselves, to the entire world, and expect only good things to happen from it.
And they post highly political and racist opinions too. Lots of news sites allow people to post their opinion under the article. And they do it using their FB profile, for all the world to see (including maybe their employer). Stupid.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
And they post highly political and racist opinions too. Lots of news sites allow people to post their opinion under the article. And they do it using their FB profile, for all the world to see (including maybe their employer). Stupid.
Yeah, some horrible comments, linked right back to their account. There was an old BBXRY member that shall remain un-named that was saying some horrifically racist stuff on Instagram, had to block that dude, turn my back and walk away.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
^^ half true.. Apparently that quote is from a fake twitter account in his name and Bill doesn't use social media..
But, still a nice message..:yes:

Superduper

Member (SA)
JustCruisin said:
^^ half true.. Apparently that quote is from a fake twitter account in his name and Bill doesn't use social media..
But, still a nice message.. :yes:
What????
Dude, you popped my bubble! :lol: :-O :dunce: :no:

But no matter -- the words are true. It's the grass is greener syndrome. Instead of being happy and content with their own lives, they are always comparing and wishing it is something else instead of what it actually is.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
You guys do realize that this site we're on IS social media, right? I mean, implying that here, in our gated community, we're so much cooler than the riff-raff is kinda elitist, isn't it?

Personally, I like being able to post some funny shite, see what my friends, family, and teenage schoolmates, who are scattered all over the world (all 121 of them) are up to, and check it every couple of days. It brings the Boomboxery Facebook page right to my phone, where I can see some funny **** that those guys, most of whom don't come around here, post. They skip this place. Why I don't know. It seems to be two different crowds.

I like both.

I'm not suggesting that by disparaging Facebook you're belittling that boombox crowd, of which I'm a part. I'm just saying that it's not so bad if you just ignore the idiots and try and be a little smarter with your information. If you have something to hide or don't want people to know... or are just naturally paranoid...don't post it. Me, I'm an open ****ing book. I just simply don't give a **** what all those trolls, bots, and fake accounts think about someone like me who has a real life. I don't want their life... they should be so lucky as to have mine, lmfao.

I can use a ****ing belly laugh every day, and I don't mind giving one out, either.

Yeah, now I'm talking about Freddy, lol. Dude's a riot. :lol:

If you're not on there, it really doesn't concern you, now does it? Having huge, simplistic opinions about all us deplorables that do use it...and how evil it is, well, jeez...it almost sounds like you feel kinda superior to the unwashed masses that do. Not being on Facebook doesn't necessarily make you one of the cool kids...nor does being on there....or here.

Of course, time keeps ticking and the world keeps turning when you leave Facebook. It does for us still on Facebook when you leave, too.

Chill out and lighten up. Smh, smdh...

Yeah, I'm talking 'bout Freddy, lol.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Kenpat said:
You guys do realize that this site we're on IS social media, right? I mean, implying that here, in our gated community, we're so much cooler than the riff-raff is kinda elitist, isn't it?

Personally, I like being able to post some funny shiteee, see what my friends, family, and teenage schoolmates, who are scattered all over the world (all 121 of them) are up to, and check it every couple of days. It brings the Boomboxery Facebook page right to my phone, where I can see some funny shitee that those guys, most of whom don't come around here, post. They skip this place. Why I don't know. It seems to be two different crowds.

I like both.

I'm not suggesting that by disparaging Facebook you're belittling that boombox crowd, of which I'm a part. I'm just saying that it's not so bad if you just ignore the idiots and try and be a little smarter with your information. If you have something to hide or don't want people to know... or are just naturally paranoid...don't post it. Me, I'm an open farking book. I just simply don't give a fark what all those trolls, bots, and fake accounts think about someone like me who has a real life. I don't want their life... they should be so lucky as to have mine, lmfao.

I can use a farking belly laugh every day, and I don't mind giving one out, either.

Yeah, now I'm talking about Freddy, lol. Dude's a riot. :lol:

If you're not on there, it really doesn't concern you, now does it? Having huge, simplistic opinions about all us deplorables that do use it...and how evil it is, well, jeez...it almost sounds like you feel kinda superior to the unwashed masses that do. Not being on Facebook doesn't necessarily make you one of the cool kids...nor does being on there....or here.

Of course, time keeps ticking and the world keeps turning when you leave Facebook. It does for us still on Facebook when you leave, too.

Chill out and lighten up. Smh, smdh...

Yeah, I'm talking 'bout Freddy, lol.
Please do think of me as looking down my nose at the people who use FB, it's more of the way FB uses it's user's that I have a problem with. For every one person that has a handle on it all, there are millions that are being manipulated, even if you don't think that's true.

Yes, this is social media, but it is a single celled amoeba compared to FB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKd2QVrQVIM

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Really we're just a few decades away from becoming cyborgs living within a hive-mind society. And social media will be a big part of that.

The great music, films, etc. that came from the 60's and 70's? Won't be possible anymore, because there won't be any nonconformists anymore. Everyone will conform to society's expectations, because if they don't, everyone will know (since privacy won't exist), and they'll be blocked from getting good jobs, public service positions, insurance coverage, and everything else. True creativity will cease to exist. We're already seeing that in music.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I just wish they would change the name from Facebook to government Spy book, or look at me book ,or I'm more important than you book ,or I got nothing in my life better to f****** do book.

Further name changes would include I want attention book stupid ass kids book Show and Tell book.
I hate the term social media it just sounds stupid. Back in my day social media was a rotary style telephone .

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
No surprises here:

Facebook 'secretly allowed Netflix and Spotify to read users' private messages and shared YOUR personal data with Silicon Valley giants Amazon and Microsoft as recently as last summer', as the social media giant is hit with yet ANOTHER scandal.

*NY Times expose revealed Facebook granted access to hundreds of millions of users' data to 150 companies

*Netflix, Spotify, Royal Bank of Canada could read, write, and delete Facebook users' private messages

*Sony, Microsoft, and Amazon could all obtain users' email addresses through their friends as recently as last year

*Facebook gave companies this access even if its users had disabled all data sharing on their profile

(Link to article)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
No surprises here:

Facebook 'secretly allowed Netflix and Spotify to read users' private messages and shared YOUR personal data with Silicon Valley giants Amazon and Microsoft as recently as last summer', as the social media giant is hit with yet ANOTHER scandal.

*NY Times expose revealed Facebook granted access to hundreds of millions of users' data to 150 companies

*Netflix, Spotify, Royal Bank of Canada could read, write, and delete Facebook users' private messages

*Sony, Microsoft, and Amazon could all obtain users' email addresses through their friends as recently as last year

*Facebook gave companies this access even if its users had disabled all data sharing on their profile

(Link to article)
Thanks for posting M.O.M., I clicked this link and got this!

So, even by trying to read this story, they are breaching my computer! The interesting thing is, I never AGREED to their privacy settings. I just started to read the story. Then a video popped up about Zuckerberg over the story, so when I clicked to close it, It said "THANK YOU FOR AGREEING!" Which I never did! These F**KERS!

Screenshot 2018-12-21 11.24.08.png

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I get the same pop-up each time I visit the DM and many, many other sites, it's due to some EU privacy directive/diktat/order/decree/whatever. I always block as much as I can on almost every site I visit, it sometimes takes only a couple of clicks but other sites only provide a choice of 'Accept' (all cookies and fkw other spyware) or a 'Manage' (cookies) option which is usually impossible to 'manage' due to the size & complexities of doing so so I give the any such sites The Big E.
They think if they make it darn difficult to opt out of all the sh1te they want to plant into my lappy then I'll concede defeat - these fools underestimate me as I abandon their sites with great satisfaction knowing I have lost nothing, given nothing away or offered them any encouragement whilst knowing all their efforts to con me have failed miserably. The thing is, most sites think you'll do almost anything to gain access but, on the contrary, they just make it easier for me not to enter their site.