Hitachi TRK 9100E Can't find aux port?

meowwentthedino

Feb 27, 2024
United kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a Hitachi TRK 9100E that I can't find the line in port on, I can see at the rear it has the phono jacks, speaker out, and mic port, but there is a mysterious 5pin din port called rec/play jack I am wondering if that is where I could pop in a line in on the boombox itself.

There is no direct aux itself as far as I can see

Any advice would be great!

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
It has an option for line in, and on the rear a play/rec din plug no line ii jack clearly labelled
From the front function switch, it looks like the deck has both Line In and Phono in functions.

The photo of the rear side that you have posted is a thumbnail only (small image), and hence not readable.
But, based on your description, The DIN plug carries both Line In and Line out through its 4 pins plus the common ground.

You need to buy a DIN 5 pin to 4 RCA cable like this:

Once the DIN plug is inserted, two of the RCA pins will be Line Out and the other two will be Line In. You can find out that by trial and error!
You can get the cable from ebay or Aliexpress.com.

DIN to 5 pin RCA.jpg

meowwentthedino

Feb 27, 2024
United kingdom
From the front function switch, it looks like the deck has both Line In and Phono in functions.

The photo of the rear side that you have posted is a thumbnail only (small image), and hence not readable.
But, based on your description, The DIN plug carries both Line In and Line out through its 4 pins plus the common ground.

You need to buy a DIN 5 pin to 4 RCA cable like this:

Once the DIN plug is inserted, two of the RCA pins will be Line Out and the other two will be Line In. You can find out that by trial and error!
You can get the cable from ebay or Aliexpress.com.

View attachment 58243
Thanks for that advice, I was about to purchase a 5P Din to RCA (red/white only) I've took a higher res pic but this is the main rear, no other ports spare the speaker L/R mono 3.5 jacks.

I'll grab a 5pin din to 4RCA and a 2RCA female cable see what happens when I hook stuff up, to it. if one works over the other I can always return them haha, on that note I did ask on reddit too and someone found via hifishark the owners manual and they have said the Din is only for recording and possibly the Mic input is the line in? but i am not sure at all lol

20240229_183454.jpg

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
What are the RCA sockets marked Phono on the left? Is it working as Line In when the function switch set to Line In?
Many decks have common Line-in & Phono socket and the signal will be handled based on the function switch position.

meowwentthedino

Feb 27, 2024
United kingdom
What are the RCA sockets marked Phono on the left? Is it working as Line In when the function switch set to Line In?
Many decks have common Line-in & Phono socket and the signal will be handled based on the function switch position.
I've not tried that as of yet cause it's only marked phono, so I have a TT booked up to it which works over the phono but..... I'll give that a try tonight.