Hitachi TRK 8600HC acting up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
The eject lever alignment on the door is not easy at all on 8600HC.

In many instances trial and error method helped me.

Our member MyOMy made a good suggestion.

Here it is........

Make sure the deck door is open when reassembling.

Hold left of case close (as you said before) and a slightly larger gap on the right.

Offer door into aperture and fit L/H side into lug.

Move R/h side of door closer to the box but don't try and fit at this stage. Depress the 'Eject' button a few times whilst looking into the R/H side of the door housing and you'll see the door spring moving.

Observe the door spring moving whilst offering the door further into the box...............

and this is where you'll see (on the door where the spring will sit) the shape of the door where the spring sits.

I appreciate this may sound long winded or complicated BUT watching the spring movement you'll easily see the position the door needs to be in to fix it into position.

AND................it helps to use good light/a flashlight ,cos it can get pretty dark down there!

*I've just had a look at the tape door operation on my 8600 (it's fully assembled) and I can see the end of the chrome spring arm. This tiny part is the key to fitting the door easily. Good luck!

I will add a picture of that tiny part that sits in the slot that you can see on the right side of cassette door.

Attachments

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
MyOhMy said:
Congrats and well done. :clap: After so long, have you now got the bug for another left-for-another-day project? Have ya, huh?!
Thank you Christine! Actually when you started working on 8600 I also thought of fixing mine. :-D :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.