Hitachi 8600e sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, after all these contributions suggesting that you give the boombox a thorough cleaning and deoxidizing, I presumed you already did that.

If you haven't done that yet, then we are all just throwing suggestions into the wind.

Do that first, then come back and report your results.

WD-40 is not a true lubricant -- it is in fact a solvent, so don't use that. And don't use silicone either, because what we want you to do is clean and strip the oxidation from the switches and controls. Lubricating a switch without removing the oxidation is not going to solve your problem. Get the proper spray and go to any electronics store -- they will have what you need. Don't get fancy or creative, just get the right product.

muto

Member (SA)
Mar 13, 2010
Finland
The product i use is designed for small switches and potentiometers. I think it includes some kind of cleaner and lubricant. Atleast it works well :-).

andyt2256

Member (SA)
Nov 12, 2010
England
I now have had the back off and cleaned with lubricant cleaning stray both the input selector and the volume pot but to no avail the sound is still the same :'-( i think the problem is beyond the cleaning thing like you guys said ! time to take somewhere for a fix iff poss!! Cheers Again.

muto

Member (SA)
Mar 13, 2010
Finland
There was no microswitch? If there is one it will be connected via thin metal arm to the input selector. The micro switch is power switch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-muto

andyt2256

Member (SA)
Nov 12, 2010
England
The function switch/line in/tape/radio/inputselector was soldered onto a pc board , the switch seemed to be like a ball bearing that the base of the switch rode over ! hard to explain, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.