Hitachi 7620E (3D7) need to be repair

ekostros

Nov 19, 2021
Turkey
Hello everyone, I'm new member from Turkey. i need your help on some issues for my newly purchased boombox. I saw this boombox while visiting the dealers in my area. It has some problems, I don't understand the repair business at all, but the price was so cheap that I didn't want to miss it.

The radio is working. There seems to be no problem with the speakers
Forward and rewind works, but the "play" button does not work. The seller told me that the belt of the "play" button needs to be changed. I'm not sure if it's just the belt. I hope no parts are broken.
There are some problems with the switches and sliders. some of the sliders cannot move and some are hard to move.

First of all I want to order a belt. Does anyone know about the belt that will fit this model ? I will order the belt today. What size belt would you recommend 0.7 mm or 1 mm ?

Has anyone restored this model before? Maybe he can help me on what to do. I need to learn how to change the belt, how to clean the switches/sliders etc...

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
well first I think you should just try to take the unit apart you know maybe pull the sliders off The equalizer take some of the screws out of the back and I was trying to start prying it apart without damaging anything don't force anything apart and buy yourself some deoxit lubricant electronic cleaner also once you have the unit open then you can determine what size belts you need. I would document everything you do from start to finish and take pictures of everything and make notes of where the screws go and other things and connections inside the box so that way you won't have a problem putting it back together.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
also avoid working on the unit with it plugged in and or with the power on that's the quickest way to ruin it. use a screwdriver with a magnetic tip it helps a lot. you can also use the egg carton to separate the screws and other small pieces. you can also use a magnet to hold screws and other small metal parts.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
when it comes to cleaning the internals you can use a small paintbrush or a can of air or compressed air to blow off the boards and any dust and dirt inside.