Hey there!

lucasmertens

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Thought I’d post a little intro just in case anyone was interested.

I’m a big fan of boomboxes, like everyone else here. I remember getting my first system (Sharp GX-CD130X) for Christmas when I was just a wee lad of 7 :lol: - see attached photo of it on the very day I received it.

I then fell in love with another (JVC RV-B550RD), and that was when I really started to become obsessed (ain’t that the way it goes? :-))

To this day, I’m still looking for a mint condition one of those, but in the meantime, have amassed a small but well-loved collection of old boomboxes that mean the world to me.

I’m a particular fan of the “JVC Kaboom!” series of boomboxes. I currently own from that series an RV-DP100 and the newer (but in my opinion, inferior) RV-NB70. Gotta love the booming bass these things put out!

Anyhow, I look forward to being a part of these forums and maybe even learning a thing or two as I go along. Thanks for having me! :-D

Attachments

lucasmertens

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
:hi:to forum. It's good to have new members. JVC Kaboom have very loud bass... :yes:
Thanks for the welcome!
That’s why I love them - ridiculously loud bass in a reasonably small cabinet. For the size they are, they can seriously rattle some walls, even if only a little :w00t: