"Hej", from Denmark.

brixcase

Apr 27, 2020
Hi Boomboxers.
I am new to the site, and like many other posters i have read am a 45+ bloke that loves the early hip-hop glory years and everything that went with it!
Sometime around 2004 i bought a Tecsonic J-1 Superjumbo, which was my home system when i lived in australia..
After moving back to Europe it (due to the ex!) spent 10 years sitting in the spare room... needless to say my kids are not as carefull I, and it has taken a bit of a beating.
So i finally found this great site and am hoping to find some good tips to get it fully operational again and hopefully find the missing buttons!
I will post a pic to the thread once i figure out how to do it!
cheers
N

brixcase

Apr 27, 2020
thankyou!
now winter is closing in i feel it is time to revisit this project and so i am looking for some buttons and a fix for some weird buzzing..... and then the cassette decks but i might leave that for a bit as it seems a bit difficult to get to!
does anyone have experience of fixing up one of these J1 super jumbo's?
i would love hints, tips and tricks!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Try pressing play and record at the same time and then stop on both decks several times each and that'll work to record bar which might be responsible for the hum.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
It's the mechanism in the tape deck that directs audio signals to and from the deck but it can also interfere with the transfer of signals from the tuner and the auxiliary input if the switch is dirty.