Got My Book Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
BTW, are the pictures on the top banner here on Boomboxery from Lyle or did Fatdog take those?

The ever changing pictures at the top of this webpage is one of my favorite parts of this site!
Those pictures mostly come from Boomboxery members. :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
BTW, are the pictures on the top banner here on Boomboxery from Lyle or did Fatdog take those?

The ever changing pictures at the top of this webpage is one of my favorite parts of this site!
Those pictures mostly come from Boomboxery members. :yes:
Wow, kick a$$ job boomboxery members!

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
where from Kenpat?

All .au retailers (bar one) are saying 1st November, so I'm looking at getting one from a u.s online book seller..

The reason I got mine so early is that I'm a member at Barnes & Noble. I got early shipping, free next day delivery, and most importantly, a 35% discount.

I am just flat out amazed at the post production work and lighting on these photos. I like his vision, which appears to give even the cleanest, shiny-est boxes like the Grundig 1140 a gritty, urban feel. It's something that permeates this book, from the insightful quotes to the pictures of people and places.

I was too young and too far away to really comprehend how this all started. This book really hit (hits) me hard.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Mine hasnt shipped yet :'-(
But I look foward to it. :thumbsup:
I have a print one of Lyles laptop skins stuck on my fridge door
that I enjoy every day.
He is a great guy and deserves all the props he gets. :yes:

Uncle Ed

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
www.facebook.com
Book arrived today and love the pics.....posted an acknowledgment to Lyle, amazon link and wishes for his sales success on my FB page....

Everybody needs to buy this book and spread the word............

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Yay mine Shipped today!!! :thumbsup:
And Uncle Ed was kind enough to let me preview his book
although some of the pages were stained and stuck together :huh:

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
I just put mine on order and I can't wait to get it. It's about time a book like this came out.
Thanks Wonderlust, you the man! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.