Giving JVC Floyd a run for his money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
They had good intentions but trust me mine will pound that thing into f****** sawdust.

I mean looking at it it probably sounds pretty f****** awesome lol.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Trust me I don't hate it actually kind of like it I think it needed the middle speakers plates were painted black or the outer lates speakers were painted silver it would look kind of cool.

I don't hate on people who try to do this s*** I applaud them. everybody has their own style you got to love it.

I can tell you this these vz amps no joke they can drive the extra speakers with no problem.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Those looks like the box speakers from a 3-piece sharp with maybe some diamond audio type drivers stuffed in there. Anyhow, like Floyd said, anyone that invests the amount of work it would take to perform a mod like this, and do it well (read: not tacky and hack-job), deserves respect some for their efforts.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
One thing I would change that would move the Vu meter panel out to a be flush with the front of the box .with a little bit of fine-tuning it will turn out to be a pretty awesome boombox.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It does actually look pretty good considering it is a bunch of random parts.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Superduper said:
Those looks like the box speakers from a 3-piece sharp with maybe some diamond audio type drivers stuffed in there. Anyhow, like Floyd said, anyone that invests the amount of work it would take to perform a mod like this, and do it well (read: not tacky and hack-job), deserves respect some for their efforts.
:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a nice job and if you got a VZ with a thrashed turn table, WTH.

I would have done some cool LED's instead of the gauges, but to each his own.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Not that many people used turntables nowadays anyway so if you have a VZ with a busted turntable you probably get more use out extra speakers than a turntable.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
JVC Floyd said:
Not that many people used turntables nowadays anyway so if you have a VZ with a busted turntable you probably get more use out extra speakers than a turntable.
Maybe not in your neck of the woods, over here LP's are all the rage again. Hipsters are buying records like crazy.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
trippy1313 said:
Maybe not in your neck of the woods, over here LP's are all the rage again. Hipsters are buying records like crazy.
Isn't Seattle hipster central? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.