GF-777 volune low issue

jackkyxu

Oct 12, 2023
USA
I have an East Asian version of this GF-777, and basically it is working, and the mechanical parts seem good, BUT

1. the speaker volume is relateively lower than when it was new (which was about 35 years ago when I was kid)

2. the volume is EVEN lower when it switchs to play tape, barely audible with volume button turned all the way to the right. I have tried to clean the tape head with pure Alcohol, and it is the same no matterh which tape bay I am using

would appreciate if any input here

thanks

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I would try recording a tape and pressing record then stop several times in a row. This will work the record bar and it will sometimes clear audio signal if there's intermittent contact in the record switch which is linked to all audio signals.

jackkyxu

Oct 12, 2023
USA
I would try recording a tape and pressing record then stop several times in a row. This will work the record bar and it will sometimes clear audio signal if there's intermittent contact in the record switch which is linked to all audio signals.

hi thanks for your input and it wors a little bit

now I am starting to think it may be from the speaker since I can barely feel the vibration of membrane inside the speaker itself and there is almost no sound from the right set (two speakers)

I am visting to my parents home, and i do not have time for further trouble shooting this time

can you give some basic, easy-to-follow suggestion so I can remotely ask my parenets to check?

BTW, is the speaker easily got dead just for not being used for an extened time?

Thanks

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
is the 777 loud on the radio

clean all the switches with this

if you really don;t know what you are doing i suggest taking her to someone who knows what they are doing

Last edited:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk

if you really don;t know what you are doing i suggest taking her to someone who knowa what they are doing

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk

if you really don;t know what you are doing i suggest taking her to someone who knowa what they are doing

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
someone help this guy. i cant see well at the moment please wait for help.....do not use the radio as is.....clean all switches moving them up down 50 times let the unit dry and try again

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
a
i have repair experience with digital stuff and I can use iron to solder stuff like large capacitor resistor (not those tiny one from laptop/cellphone requiring heat gun)
ahh ok so you're better than me by far......ok remove all switch caps and spray all switches with this and let the unit dry for at least an hour

:yes:

jackkyxu

Oct 12, 2023
USA
a

ahh ok so you're better than me by far......ok remove all switch caps and spray all switches with this and let the unit dry for at least an hour

:yes:

thanks, but i am not able to trouble shoot issue from the analog curcuit