Get Ready for --- the 12 days of Christmas Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
computer woke up this morning with a wicked virus :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
almost non -useable :'-( :nonono: :sadno:

and i have pannys up the ying-yang to display for this day # 8 :thumbsup: :yes: :drool:

back to the battle -- later --
i hope :angelic: :-)

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Funny you should mention that, Ira! (Hope you're successful at debugging your computer.) I also woke up this morning with a wicked virus. I'm almost non-useable! Runny nose, achy mussles, lungs so full of goo that I can't stop coughing. Bit of a fever, too. I almost didn't get out of bed, but, as they say, the show must go on.

Like Ira, I have Panasonics picked out for today (great minds think alike, I guess): 8 random, mid-size examples from the ol' collection. Fortunately (or unfortunately), there are many more where these came from (in case someone decides we should do this again for the 40 days of Lent)!

So, flu or no flu, it's on with the show...

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Back to Sharp for Day 9. Here are 9 colorful Sharp mini mono boxes:
QT-5 pastel ribbed (green is NIB)
QT-V5 bright ribbed
QT-F10 bright holiday green and red...

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, I missed day 8 -- busy making funeral arrangements and related business. I guess it's just as well since I was running out of boomboxes anyhow and was due to take a break.

Today though, I've got a few moments and a visiting grail to help me submit my day 9 entry.

Nine Ladies Dancing.

And 9 JVC's.

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
On day 10 a virus had hit me.
Think i must stay in bed.
So only a fast pic of my old display

HAPPYSOUND, SANYO, PHILIPS compactline,
SIEMENS walky-boomer, ELIN, FAIR MATE,
HORTEX, AIWA, TENSAI, SIEMENS

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
redbenjoe said:
we know of no tosh boxes that are less than cool looking
or good sounding or both
You don't??? Well, then, let me show you some. ;-)

I've been collecting Toshibas since the very beginning (got my first when I talked a Toshiba rep out of a BomBeat 85 back at the '83 Chicago Consumer Electronics Show), and the vast majority of them have been low-end, entry-level, look-alike squawkers.

Don't get me wrong. I own a smattering of Tosh Big Guns, and they're as lovely as any boombox ever made, but most of what I've run into over the years (and I've tended to buy whatever I've run into) have been models that have looked like the ones below. In fact, these small-to-mid level Tosh models (not counting the RT-S801 down in front, which is actually pretty classy) look SO much alike, that I've included a couple examples of units Toshiba made for other companies (Akai and Kenwood). When you look at them, I think you'll agree that, no matter what the brand, there's no mistaking a low-end Toshiba!

Here are my ten Toshibas for Day 10...

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
:lol: :lol:
thata a riot ,madooomabooo
you discoved and collected all the worlds lame tosh jobs :-) :-O
except the front/center one looks good-- right ???

one says akai :huh:

beats me -thou -
as i have a puter pooey :'-( :sadno:
and still waiting to post my day #8

Status
Not open for further replies.