Fresh from the UK Meet - Sharp 5P-37H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Congrats Chris! I didn't know you were interested in that model, or else I would have sold you mine! :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Congrats Chris! I didn't know you were interested in that model, or else I would have sold you mine! :lol:
I didn't know I was interested in it either until I saw the size of it! What is the color one that Miles has?

JustCruisin said:
Gorgeous!
Was that a crepe you were eating..?
That was a Canolli, sooooo good! :drool:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I didn't know I was interested in it either until I saw the size of it! What is the color one that Miles has?
The color one? Don't think I've ever seen a color TV on a box.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:

That's what I thought, but someone (can't remember who, maybe Miles) insisted there is a color TV Boombox! What is the model of the other Sharp TV Boombox?

ralrein1 said:
Rad score Chris! Congrats.
Thanks ralein1, My TV Boombox collection is coming along!

I have more radio's with TV's, but these are my biggest

IMG_20170726_224641.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

That's what I thought, but someone (can't remember who, maybe Miles) insisted there is a color TV Boombox! What is the model of the other Sharp TV Boombox?

You're right, here it is!
http://stereo2go.org/forums/media/sharp-ct-6001.593/
159,800 Yen retail price, that's the highest I've ever seen for a boombox

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Dude that thing looks slick!!! Perfect classic boombox look, with the addition of a tv. I fricken love it's design. Very nice addition. I like it even more than your other TV box.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
WOW, yep, there is is.

I found this picture online next to the 5P-37H

It's a big boy....

Sharp CT-6001.jpg

I went through some old pictures and found a picture of Mile's (=ml=) CT-6001. I knew he had one. This was from 2014 at my house
Here is his thread on getting it

20140816_141348.jpg

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Such a classy looking box Chris. Local member, Dan scored one of these a while back and I was amazed how bassy it was!! A real piece of useable art.

Congrats,

James..... :-)
Was this a radio that was in Australia or did your friend import it from Japan?

When Stereomad put this on the table and fired it up, I was totally shocked! It has fantastic sound. FULL, LOUD. I had it going in the garden the other day while watering and it projects perfectly for out door use and the bass comes across even at a distance. Other than the fact that it's brutally heavy :lol: :lol: It's super cool

trippy1313 said:
Dude that thing looks slick!!! Perfect classic boombox look, with the addition of a tv. I fricken love it's design. Very nice addition. I like it even more than your other TV box.
Yeah, those speaker rings just ooze 80's perfection!

You like it more than the JVC????? :w00t:

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
WOW, yep, there is is.

I found this picture online next to the 5P-37H

It's a big boy....

Sharp CT-6001.jpg

I went through some old pictures and found a picture of Mile's (=ml=) CT-6001. I knew he had one. This was from 2014 at my house
Here is his thread on getting it

20140816_141348.jpg

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Such a classy looking box Chris. Local member, Dan scored one of these a while back and I was amazed how bassy it was!! A real piece of useable art.
Congrats,
James..... :-)
Was this a radio that was in Australia or did your friend import it from Japan?

When Stereomad put this on the table and fired it up, I was totally shocked! It has fantastic sound. FULL, LOUD. I had it going in the garden the other day while watering and it projects perfectly for out door use and the bass comes across even at a distance. Other than the fact that it's brutally heavy :lol: :lol: It's super cool

trippy1313 said:
Yeah, those speaker rings just ooze 80's perfection!

You like it more than the JVC????? :w00t:
It was an Aussie market 240 volt box from an estate sale from memory.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
I still think the JVC sounds better, especially on Wide
I'm gonna have too run them side by side and find out

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
It was an Aussie market 240 volt box from an estate sale from memory.
NICE, I can only imagine that this was a HIGH PRICED unit back in the day being color and all. Not sure I will ever find one, but I think there is a smaller b/w version I might be able to get my hands on.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
im_alan_partridge said:
Cool vid mate, I saw this boombox at the London meet, I actually thought it was already yours :lol:
It depends on what time of the day it was, it may already have been! :-D :yes:

JVC Floyd said:
That silver version has bigger dust caps and cool woofer trims,these are just fantastic looking units.
Isn't it interesting how larger dust covers give it a more muscular appearance!

Status
Not open for further replies.