Freakin' Reekin' Nicotine Nightmare - Stench Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
SLO said:
Wow! Thats dedication! I would have just bought new jewel cases and trashed the stanky ones. You are a very patient woman M.O.M.
When I get to the tape display/shelving stage I'll sniff-test each individual case before it's shelved and replace any cases that thought they could get away with being stinky-winky - they'll not get past me. :nonono:

On a side note, I acquired a set of speakers (at the same time as the whiffy cassettes) with a non-removable cloth mesh on the fronts which was all nicotine stinky-winky but didn't notice at the time due to the overpowering stink from the cassettes. However, spraying the speaker fronts with the same anti-whiff/fabric de-stencher worked it's magic in an instant. :thumbsup: I avoided spraying directly into drivers through the cloth, in case you ask! ;-)

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Holy ****!!

I would never have taken that on.....they would of gone on the fire!! lol

I really don't do pre recorded anyway, have never been satisfied with quality when it's easy to make a better quality yourself & yes even back in the 70's this was the case!!

That is extraordinary commitment Chris - You are as daft as me rescuing worthless generic radio recorders :-D :-D :-D

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Nickeccles said:
Holy shiat!!

I would never have taken that on.....they would of gone on the fire!! lol

I really don't do pre recorded anyway, have never been satisfied with quality when it's easy to make a better quality yourself & yes even back in the 70's this was the case!!

That is extraordinary commitment Chris - You are as daft as me rescuing worthless generic radio recorders :-D :-D :-D
I feel I must be more than a little (senti)mental! :yes: :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.