For BLU FUZ

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Congrats Blu This has been a long time coming for you!!!!
oh BTW when you spew dont do it on the Dynasty!! :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
A "puke on M90" smiley would be kick ass! hahahhaha.

hemiguy2006, you're right - this has been a long time coming for me. I think I have had this boombox for 3 years now and have never enjoyed it to the fullest. This is a monumental moment for me. Small potatoes to probably most "normal" people, but there will be days I will just sit and listen to the Dynasty.

First project for when it returns is to put the dynamat sound deadening material inside the box to help project the sound out the front and reduce the rattles. This big black boomer isn't built like the silver boxes, so I have to help it out a little ;-) so it can also sound/play like the biggest one piece production boombox it is .

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Monchito now we need the box for it !!!
Fuz When I had mine I put some thick poly foam backing behind the woofers.
It helped out alot.
Didnt stop the cabinet rattles though.
Let us know if the dynamat helps with that.
As well, great Job Norm it looks real good in there now.
I bet it performs like a champ!!

Superduper

Member (SA)
It gets really loud! But the speakers, especially the left one farts a little when played really loud with the bass cranked up all the way. So rather than change those woofs, the simplest solution is........ don't do that. :lol: :lol: I got it parked next to the C100 and as desirable as the C100 is, this Dynasty is far far more attractive looking -- I don't really like big black empty boxes but I can definitely see how people can fall in love with these Wheelys.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I didn't even have to pay exra for the farts :thumbsup: !!!!!

Thanks for the freeeeebeeeee ;-) . I will keep the bass down as often as possible :angelic: .

I have often wondered what people thought of the C-100F vs the Wheely. They probably sound similar. The C100 looks busier and looks to have a few extra features. I know the Wheely has 10" woofers but what does the conion have?

Post a pic side by side if you can.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I just realized something...... remember how you said there were no screws for the voltage selector switch?

I thought at first, all the screws were put in the holes they came from on the inside of the box..... :huh: Oh well, maybe they fell out....

I see in your pics that you installed it in a different spot and my screws are still in place with no switch :lol: .

Maybe you can switch the volt selector back to the battery compartment and put my new switch for the LEDs into the spot that faces out the back of the box :thumbsup: . You wouldn't even be able to tell it was added!

See the two screws on the right side of your picture?

Here is the original:

Superduper

Member (SA)
:w00t: :lol: :lol: Oh, well. I see a hole and I want to plug it! Didn't see why anyone would want to put a switch in the battery compartment. I see what you are saying now. Well that is what happens when the person doing the reassembly is not the person who did the disassembly.

OK. Looks like I'll need to find a switch that'll fit into that spot. Since it appears to be an unused switch location, you are correct that it would make a good spot to mount the dial lamp switch there.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahaha - definetly not faulting you. Switch placement is the least of all our worries when it comes to fixing these things. You perform miracles on them so I wouldn't care if you had a light switch installed out the front of the box! :lol: Ok, I would mind but whatever :-D

When I see a hole I want to fill it too :-O .

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
She is comming home!

Norm did all he could with no electrical schematic for this box. There is just nothing available. Either way, it is in almost full working condition with some minor issues yet. The pesky cassette motor or something in the circuit is causing the motor to run at full speed no matter what adjustments are made. Everything else works good.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It made it! The Dynasty made the 4,286 MILE round trip :thumbsup: . I'm just waiting for the package with the transformer so I can hook it up and jam :breakdance: !

WooHoo!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Holy sweet mother of god! Norm, you should have shipped me an extra set of undies because I totally **** myself after plugging it in :drool: . The light and color output of the LEDs you put in is fantastic. I don't know what else to say. Thank you :blush:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
blu_fuz said:
Holy sweet mother of god! Norm, you should have shipped me an extra set of undies because I totally shiat myself after plugging it in :drool: . The light and color output of the LEDs you put in is fantastic. I don't know what else to say. Thank you :blush:
:cool: :cool: :breakdance: