First negative reaction since the 80's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the words of wisdom. You guys are the best!

I spent the weekend chillin' with my wife...it ended up being a good weekend after all.

I spent tonight dusting off some blasters and reworking the Boomroom....It made me feel a lot better!

Check it out...

http://youtu.be/DVEjcomLL1I

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
Wow Chris . I would have pushed that walrus back into the see man :grim: Intolerence is so common these days.
You should arrange for a few fellow boomboxcollectors up there to go and eat there again. LOL

I tell you , if someon tries to grab one of my boxes without permission :grim: :grim: :grim: :grim:

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
Alberto said:
Hey Bro, The world has changed and some of the people in it. I loved the 80s, I love music, and I love Boom Boxes. So guess what people. I'M NOT CHANGING!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just like me , I will never change . If people don't like how i behave F#ck em :grim:

EponaOne

Member (SA)
Aug 14, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I'm not proud of this, but I have a short fuze, grew up in the city and I'm female. She probably would've been looking for a new set of teeth after that racial slur rolled off the tip of that fat a$$ tongue, if she even has any. But that could actually get me in a lot of trouble. You did the right thing by abandoning the situation.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
EponaOne said:
I'm not proud of this, but I have a short fuze, grew up in the city and I'm female. She probably would've been looking for a new set of teeth after that racial slur rolled off the tip of that fat a$$ tongue, if she even has any. But that could actually get me in a lot of trouble. You did the right thing by abandoning the situation.
Thanks EponaOne and welcome to Boomboxery!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
chevyman-uy said:
you have a great collection of boxes!!! but why collect the same brand and model of D cell??? :hmmm: :chris920: :-P
I use Durecell's mostly so if I end up with extra's, say I need 10, but they come in packs of 4, so I buy 3 packs leaving me 2 extra!!!! Next time I just buy 2 packs. In the end it all works out to just use the same brand.

As for collecting them....it's less of a collection as I am holding onto them for recycling. Once I get off my but I will take them down and drop them off.

But it add's to the WOW factor when you walk in into the BOOM ROOM

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Wow! Sorry this happened to you Chris. I guess she felt it was ok to harass and stalk you till you left. I have no patience for people like that. If that ever happened to me I would lose it. Kudos to you for being the better person...I would have smashed her face in.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mellymelsr said:
Wow! Sorry this happened to you Chris. I guess she felt it was ok to harass and stalk you till you left. I have no patience for people like that. If that ever happened to me I would lose it. Kudos to you for being the better person...I would have smashed her face in.
Thanks Mel,

I have more or less focused my energies in other places. Believe me, getting this story out here with everyone was very therapeutic. Really helped prevent a melt down.

Of course the thanks goes to my wife, without her there running Defense and Offence I probably would have smashed her face in! In hind site, there is something strange about a situation where the other person I was fighting with was a woman.

Life goes on!

serene lodi

Member (SA)
Nov 5, 2012
Oak Creek WI
Awesome story. What a nightmare. I'm an orderly in an insane asylum. Your description of the woman and her behavior puts her smack dab in the middle of my client list. Abuse of anti-depressants like prozac and paxil and anti smoking medications (especially chantix) and street drugs are to blame for the vast majority of this type of acting out behavior among my out patients. I'm glad you and your wife and your boomer were not injured physically. However it's clear that you have been mentally traumatized. In my case, when I'm verbally or physically abused by a patient, the constant re-evaluating of the incident gradually diminishes over time and, as your're doing in this forum, talking about the experience with people you know and trust is the best treatment. BTW your man cave floored me!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
serene lodi said:
Awesome story. What a nightmare. I'm an orderly in an insane asylum. Your description of the woman and her behavior puts her smack dab in the middle of my client list. Abuse of anti-depressants like prozac and paxil and anti smoking medications (especially chantix) and street drugs are to blame for the vast majority of this type of acting out behavior among my out patients. I'm glad you and your wife and your boomer were not injured physically. However it's clear that you have been mentally traumatized. In my case, when I'm verbally or physically abused by a patient, the constant re-evaluating of the incident gradually diminishes over time and, as your're doing in this forum, talking about the experience with people you know and trust is the best treatment. BTW your man cave floored me!
Now that I have been treated by an actual professional, I really do feel better! :lol: Maybe we could meet once a week!

I'm glad you liked the BoomRoom....It's coming along, but I'm going to need some more shelving :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.