Finally, I got the tube radio I wanted for decades!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
It arrived in a box from Netherlands all double boxed and well packed to perfection. It is a Philips B7X44A stereo radio in dark brown piano finish.
Many of these radios gets ruined in shipment when the chassis move and break the front dial glass. The seller knew how to pack well with utmost care.
I was so nervous opening the package. It took me 30 minutes to finally see the radio. It was that well packed. Seller replaced all the old tubes and electrolytic capacitors, so I had nothing to do on it. It is in like new condition with no hairline scratches even.

Attachments

Last edited:

dubout

Member (SA)
Nov 19, 2020
Germany
That's great, what a look! I always avoided to dive into the topic of old tube radios because they sound so good that I fear there is no coming back, haha.

Reactions: BoomboxLover48

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
philips made some good stuff. there tv sets were well made aswell..i was given this 1959 radio model 1002. i have a philips 1410 bakelite radio from 1954. that one has been restored

Attachments

PackJam

Apr 10, 2021
USA
It arrived in a box from Netherlands all double boxed and well packed to perfection. It is a Philips B7X44A stereo radio in dark brown piano finish.
Many of these radios gets ruined in shipment when the chassis move and break the front dial glass. The seller knew how to pack well with utmost care.
I was so nervous opening the package. It took me 30 minutes to finally see the radio. It was that well packed. Seller replaced all the old tubes and electrolytic capacitors, so I had nothing to do on it. It is in like new condition with no hairline scratches even.
Congratulations! This unit looks awesome.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I'm happy for you my friend nothing like getting something you've always wanted.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
That is very nice my friend! The way the layout of the buttons are on the bottom row, make me think of my Telefunken Allegro. There's something special about tube radios. I hope to enjoy mine until I am no longer able. Now that the weather is getting colder, they also double as a heater 8-)

20231103_123253.jpg