DONT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH bentleygt09 on EBAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Wow!!...this is a mess I wouldn't wish on anyone. Needless to say I will NEVER do business with this Bentley character. That Panasonic looks like a rust bucket and all those JVC parts are broken and he has the nerve to charge money for that crap?...this should be a lesson to us all to beware of who you do business with... :thumbsdown:

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
CONCLUSION:

got the box finally, was refunded $30 back(even tho we agreed on 35, but whatever) since there were speaker issues that were not in the description... it would only play out of the left side sometimes in line in & tape mode. so i took the box apart & found a loose connection on that speaker, resoldered it, cleaned it all up & it turned out to be a great box after all that drama. just needs a couple levers & knobs to complete it. & that wasnt rust all over as it looks in the before pictures, it was some really hard sticky rust colored krud that came off with hot soapy water.

before:

after:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm glad this worked out for you in the end. Very very lucky. Good looking box too after you cleaned it up :cool: .

swansoncj10

Member (SA)
Feb 4, 2011
MADISON, WI
no prob.

also, the deck door was not broken off. it kinda slides/snaps on rather than how most slide on & off... & spud had snapped it back on before sending it to me. so it was nice to see that wasnt even an issue.

& to add an edit:

have any of you taken out the tweeters & speaker grills on one of these??? cuz holy sh@# is it a pain in the ass... the tweeters are held in by plastic tabs that are melted over where normally screws are. & the melted plastic is part of the front shell, they are like six little plastic rivets that hold the tweeters on, so i had to snap those off & drill my own holes & buy my own screws. & then.... there is more glue on the tabs on the grills than i have ever see on a box(i wish i had taken pics of the glue & the plastic rivets). its a really really hard tacky glue that keeps the bent grill tabs down & i had to use a heat gun to loosen it up because there was so much of it. just a warning to anyone who is considering taking apart a 5600. quite a little project compared to taking out grills & tweeters on other boxes.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
This dude is now trying to sell "LED upgrade" boxes on Ebay...as "transformgt"

Apparently one of them already sold (an RC-550) ..... hope it actually pans out. :-/

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
It looks great!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
I'm glad it turned out it the end for you...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We need to visit sometime. :yes:
I live in Baraboo.
Oh yeah......DIBS on that Panasonic,LOL! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.