DiamondBoxx XL review

Status
Not open for further replies.

RageRacer

Member (SA)
Jul 18, 2017
Houston, TX.
I got a Bumpboxx Because the old school boomboxes were so expensive, but I love the look of the old school so I'm working on a retro Bumpboxx. I have a few things to work on like the pic in the center, but so far I think it looks way better than stock

Attachments

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
It's understandable that a forum dedicated to vintage boomboxes wouldn't take too kindly to a music machine that isn't, well, a vintage boombox. :-)
But as far as I'm concerned, any 'box' that produces the boom is a boombox, just not necessarily a 'vintage' boombox. :lol:
I think for outdoor heavy sessions, the DiamondBoxx XL would be a fantastic choice - just not worth $1700 to a domestic user though IMHO.
I love how they do their own thing though, much like the folks over at BumpBoxx. :-). These guys don't give a shiat what the non enthusiasts think, they make gear for the crazy people who like it LOUD!!!!
I think the guys at DJTech pretty much got it right combining good performance with old school looks and styling. It's pity they don't seem to be producing any new products of this type.
I agree with this entire post.

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
RageRacer said:
I got a Bumpboxx Because the old school boomboxes were so expensive, but I love the look of the old school so I'm working on a retro Bumpboxx. I have a few things to work on like the pic in the center, but so far I think it looks way better than stock
That looks fantastic!

Are those the same woofers with new dust cap or are those different drivers altogether? If so, what drivers did you install? And if so, does it sound a lot different?

RageRacer

Member (SA)
Jul 18, 2017
Houston, TX.
Barb Bush said:
That looks fantastic!

Are those the same woofers with new dust cap or are those different drivers altogether? If so, what drivers did you install? And if so, does it sound a lot different?
Those are the same woofers. I just put new aluminum dust caps for that old school look

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
RageRacer said:
I saw this on YouTube, great modifications man :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.