cz 5100-whats that dreadful NOISE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
Well My beloved Crown 5100 From Hilo,Hi is most mint thing I got.Don't play it too much.But just last night, I decided Plug it up. And play the radio a bit. OK... :cool: Past 10 mins or so ready for some Itals roots sessions. switch to cassette ANDDD OMG!!! I jumped to a sound unreal. Like a chopper roaring down the street,and the pitch decending. My woofs were htting so hard, i yanked the cord out of the wall.
On one note the leds were like RxR lights never seeing anything like this. What was that Dreadful sound.
BAD BOY HEEELLLPPPP!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Your record bar sounds dirty. You need to open up and spray some switch cleaner like deoxit into record bar then work it 20-30 times. This should do trick. If you don't want to open now then you can open deck door, take tape out and push the record lock switch inside of cassette tray area. After you push it to hold then press the record button and then stop button while still holding lock switch. Do this several times like maybe 10-15 then do a test. The issue should go away for a little while but expect it to come back unless you actually clean it. Good luck. :thumbsup:

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
Your record bar sounds dirty. You need to open up and spray some switch cleaner like deoxit into record bar then work it 20-30 times. This should do trick. If you don't want to open now then you can open deck door, take tape out and push the record lock switch inside of cassette tray area. After you push it to hold then press the record button and then stop button while still holding lock switch. Do this several times like maybe 10-15 then do a test. The issue should go away for a little while but expect it to come back unless you actually clean it. Good luck. :thumbsup:
baddboybill said:
Ok my Master! I always put faith in you... I did realize that night only when I switched from radio it was barely visible. at cassette mode. forget it. And as for other,tip? should I have box plugged in and move some ground on don't even dare? Thank you! :-D

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
First start with record bar. Another issue could be broken wire for tape head causing feedback. It could either be broken on head itself or on board. But I would start with record bar, then look for broken wire on head or on board from tape head. If that checks out then check grounding of tape decks ;-)

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Fwiw sounds similar to the pro lem I had with mine.. no ground to tape deck, and also the wires to one of the mics had busted off and laying loose inside case

Status
Not open for further replies.