Crown vs. Lasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
You're going to stick up for something at least don't stick up for the cheapest God damn Boombox on the planet. I like Crown as much as anybody else but this f****** thing might as well be made of paper mache.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
stedly said:
I'm back home on Monday now guys so will post more stuff then... Serial numbers ect...

But before i go.... just want to say, I was just thinking about the name "Lasonic" and it seems kind of suspicious to me lol... look below at what it spells

Looks
Asthough
Scandals
Obviously
Nefariously
Imitated
Crown

&Yes...I'm afraid it's True :(
I heard the Russians hacked into Lasonics R&D division, and gave the blueprints to Crown.. Sorry, but it's true!

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
I actually already admitted that Lasonic's 931 is the better boomer at the beginning of my original conversation.. Go back and check if you don't believe me,
But some of you must realize that these things do happen in all topics of life....
E.G. let's talk about music for a second...

Anyone remember how OneRepublic released that song "It's too late to apologise"??
i'm sure you all do...
But....it wasn't made a "HIT" untill "Timbaland" (SOMEONE ELSE) Remixed it.... it was only then that people nearest, (FANS) truely responded to the track.

And so the same goes with Calvin Harris..... He is remixing endless songs..
Asif the tunes needed to be "Fine Tuned"..... to make it what it becomes.. I believe Lasonic did the same,

Also worth noting is this..... Lasonic did not actually make it worldwide!!... it was limited to America Tiawan and Japan, Lasonic items had to be orderd internationally for purchase to places like europe.. ((That's if you somehow stumbled across the brand)) But the sz5100 can "still" be found on just about all ebay site's...
you will find completed listings of the sz5100 all over the world if you check on google,... so collectively in reality the 931 wasn't actually as popular,
but in america...yes... it was well known... but the world is actually much larger than just america alone.

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
@JVC Floyd... I am not sticking up for any plastic box... That would be just silly... i mean how can i??? ...it's not a human.... it's just a boombox!!..., I am actually speaking for the company that produced the sz5100..."Crown Japan"..

Anyway

i'll stop posting so much about this boombox now...

i actually wanted to know what the wattage is for the wheely/Helix (MASSIVE BLACK) boombox that looks like the C100f.... does anybody know...??? the output power in RMS??

i can't imagine the C100f being louder than the wheely... after all the speakers on the wheely are 2 inches bigger. 10inch as opposed to 8 inches..... anyone have any idea??

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I don't think anybody here has a problem with the company Crown itself we just don't like when people attack laSonic especially when nobody really has all the facts. lasonic has a very loyal following around here, and we don't try to put people down for owning any radio cheap or expensive because a lot of the cheap radios out last some of the expensive ones doesn't have his many f****** problems. I would say the reaction comes from the approach to the situation an inquiry is one thing but to attack on laSonic for no reason I just don't understand it. I think if we all started over again we'd be better off nice to see you here and I hope you enjoyed the crown I think it's a nice-looking radio it doesn't have to be the best sounding radio for me to like it.

I can think of a hundred different radios from different brands that share the same Design Elements they may not be exact on each model but you can't accuse all those companies stealing ideas from one another if somebody had to be working together to come up with dozens of variations on the exact same model.

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
Okay, okay ..... I apologise for attacking the Lasonic brand!!.... look... i even made one up for crown aswell lol...

Completely
Rubbish
Objects
Worth
Nothing

How's that...?? Fair now?? Come on guys lol.... you gotta just giggle it off... ;)

So..... About that Wheely boombox??? Anyone have any Rms Wattage Figures????

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The Wheely is a turd compared to boxes with only 6" speakers. Besides size, the C100 and Wheely are not in the same class for sound.

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
blu_fuz said:
The Wheely is a turd compared to boxes with only 6" speakers. Besides size, the C100 and Wheely are not in the same class for sound.
Ditto Joe!! I currently have a Wheely coming to me and I'm excited to receive it but not because it's a great performing or sounding radio. Like most fans of the Wheely, I just like it because it is so dam BIG!!! 😊 As a true red blooded American, it's my duty to consume any and everything that is over sized. It's the American way! God Bless America!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74KvgOdXgo

Forgot my login .... but managed to re-set my password...
Check the above video i made.

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
Thanks Buddy... The whole thing had a re-spray... I'll upload more hd shots of what ive done soon!... Either on the Ytube or on ere...!!!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah man you did a hell of a job and the boombox looks immaculate. We really need to know how these mods were done as its one of the best BT installs I've ever seen.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
JVC Floyd said:
Yeah man you did a hell of a job and the boombox looks immaculate. We really need to know how these mods were done as its one of the best BT installs I've ever seen.
I'm curious myself about the BT install and that battery meter you have.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
That's some great work you've done there! Perfect candidate too for such an upgrade. :-)

That high pitched squeeling noise on your video that starts when you turn on the BT receiver could be a shielding issue or maybe just a BT receiver issue.

The only BT receiver I've tried (I sampled around 12 different brands) that's truly great sounding is the Coast receiver Joe sourced for me. No noise at all when on standby mode and fantastic bass and treble performance. All the other BT receivers I've tested make that high pitched noise the whole time that's especially noticeable when the BT receiver is at idle.

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
Hay thanks man... it does squeel a tiny but its not noticeable most of the time its grounded quite well...
i also have a (ground loop isolator) that i am thinking of fitting which will ultimately silence it .....but it'll only be done on a day when i'm feeling fussy lol,...

I need some help with uploading.. cant seem to upload these photos ive taken unless they are webpage url's... any help????

Status
Not open for further replies.