Crown CSC-350L Restoration & LED Mod

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Thats sharp looking.. thanks for the link..
Its my RX-7000, which I did in 2012.
I realize what you say about fading at the middle of the long scale, it could be true if the acrylic sheet is perfectly flat.
What you need to do is to slightly bend the dial & acrylic sheet, like by inserting a small piece of plastic at the middle of the dial. Light need to reflect internally within the acrylic sheet infinitely by giving it a small curvature.

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
Hello, currently restoring one of these myself... Was wondering if anyone knew where to find equaliser buttons, I have one missing... The 5 from a sharp gx-300 I have to get round to restoring do fit, but I would end up just replacing the problem. So anyone has any (preferably European) sourcinf dfoe equaliser slider buttons, please let me know.

(managed to redo the speakers, and put a few wondering parts inside back in place : a dust cap fell out of a passive speaker as well as a BOLT (glued behind the dustcap), someone already tackled this one... Have to redo the tuner window (full of aceton stripes), tape door was forced open, braking the brackets (which were lucekly wondering inside), the little thing that sticks to the soft opening piston was broken, tape deck needed belts / idler tire / piece of rubber holding the little black thing that's on the bottom and sticks out like the tape sliders but is smaller and that rubber got behind the plate that moves up in play mode, and didn't allow it to to up all the way), une vu meter needle was stuck, light button is no longer working (it's rubber has become brittle), it's speaker grills had rust in places,... So conciderent all that... The missing equaliser button is a small issue... But very annoying. And hard to find replacement for it (I m not even trying to find an original... Rare boombox... Even a ruined wreck is ludicrously priced just to get one slider button.

PS for led lights... Putting one on each side perpendiculary isn't an option, the acxlyric has a 45 degree angle on both ends. But.... You can try the "sanyo" way... Drilling a hole for led in the acrylic, and covering the end with self-adhesive aluminum so it doesn't flood out. Tuner lit sanyos have this system out of the factory usually. So I ll Def try that on this one... There is some space that isn't visible from the outside on the sides.