Crown 950 custom made full aluminium knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
THX all of you for your feedback. :smooch: I don't know if it's allowed to sell it. I would make sets for all who is interrested in.

It's one of my favorite hobbies to create and making things. Oh yeah it needs many time but i like to feel and see the result.....

And its equal which kind of Boombox you have......i have any ideas for the future.....and i think the only problem is the different between
the potishafts. in our case we have a teethed and cuted 6mm shaft. This is easy to fix a knob.

But some models like my gf8989 has flated shafts, this is more difficult cause the originals are made i a special injection mold....

But this is also possible. With enough brainstorming its also not a big thing.....

From time to time i let you see what i'm doing in my workshop :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Trommelmops said:
THX all of you for your feedback. :smooch: I don't know if it's allowed to sell it. I would make sets for all who is interrested in.

It's one of my favorite hobbies to create and making things. Oh yeah it needs many time but i like to feel and see the result.....

And its equal which kind of Boombox you have......i have any ideas for the future.....and i think the only problem is the different between
the potishafts. in our case we have a teethed and cuted 6mm shaft. This is easy to fix a knob.

But some models like my gf8989 has flated shafts, this is more difficult cause the originals are made i a special injection mold....

But this is also possible. With enough brainstorming its also not a big thing.....

From time to time i let you see what i'm doing in my workshop :yes:
PM sent

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Hello members and followers, here is a little update for you to see what im doing in my little workshop :)

The last week i made a new set knobs for a boombox. And today ive finished it with the airbrushing. When you remember a special paint its shown in the backround.....The result is absolute ok.

Looks very well. Like it :yes:

Attachments

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
At this point i will say a Big Thank to all of you who like the works. Its my passion. And you can expect definitiv many other things....

But the Day has only 24 hours and im only one head and two hands and thousands of good ideas :thumbsup: and solutions for whatever....

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Little update about knobs and desings...

Have an idea, i will make a try with little inserts....so here i bought today little rubberbands which is luminescent and also colorfull rubberbands....also black....

In the past i have made many of similar things....

But the diameter allows only knobs with max 25mm or 1".....If i bend the rubber to strong the sqare structure will be to thin i think...ok i can make the grooves

fits.....when i see all the different boomboxes, i find they look very similar when you have a look at the knobs...the little ones i mean

Attachments

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Trommelmops said:
Little update about knobs and desings...

Have an idea, i will make a try with little inserts....so here i bought today little rubberbands which is luminescent and also colorfull rubberbands....also black....

In the past i have made many of similar things....

But the diameter allows only knobs with max 25mm or 1".....If i bend the rubber to strong the sqare structure will be to thin i think...ok i can make the grooves

fits.....when i see all the different boomboxes, i find they look very similar when you have a look at the knobs...the little ones i mean
That is a very interesting idea.

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Hm :yes:

i think about the most exist designs they look very similar and maybee to ordinary....We bring them up to a new level :)

Got ideas :thumbsup:

And if anybody has an good idea let us discuss about, this is maybee a good idea that we can develope togehter some things....

And i make it happend so my dear lathe an mill are always good to me....therefor i will be charming to them.... :-D

Trommelmops

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2017
Brandenburg, Germany
Oh my intention is to make knobs made from fullmetal and i will cut, saw or mill some grooves into the knobs

to give them more structure a cool and different design and the different colors can mixed like you want to do. The special bands

are very colorfull so you can change like you want the color. You can depend it on the weather, or your healty or whatever you can imagine.... :lol:

and make it mor tactile...It feels good. Its all silicone free...

Today i made a little example how it looks and i think this is gorgeous....But the minimum diameter must be 20mm so that the

little rings are fixed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.