crimea_cat BEWARE of this ebay seller - buyer

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
I recently had a very bad transaction with this guy from London UK .
He uses ebay programs to ask for full refunds
or partial refunds . I did send him a NIB boombox and accused me for the rubber belts and a capstan
of a 35 year old machine for not working. He is probably a collector.
This is his profile. Be very CAREFUL and take caution for his actions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/crimea_cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: K dabras

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
HI Deech, His feedback ratings looks great!
What did you do to him? :-D :-D:lol:
Yes looks great.
The thing is that i sold to this ''smart'' guy
a New in a Box Lasonic-936 For 270 gbp including Shipping.

I had this boombox more expensive at first but he asked me if i can make a better price
and we agreed on the 270 all included and make it a buy it now just for him.
I explained to him that the price also includes TAX and Vat 24% because this is what i am
charged for the country i live in. This is what the state deducts from my sale. Let alone iother charges from ebay.
I did sell it to him and carefully packed it doubleboxed etc etc.

First message was that he wanted this as a gift for a friend and he would like to have it at specific day.
The sale was final on the 15th of October and i send it on the 17th of October .
Next message was a pushy message asking if i have send it or not
and i did tell him that the package is already on its way to him and explained that i did send him a tracking number
a day before which he hadnt saw and apologised to me.

From this message on i understood that this guy is not you regular kind buyer and needs attention.
Days passed and he received it 11 days after the postage , pretty soon from Athens to London.
After receiving it he asked if i ever changed the belts ? what year was this model released and staff like that.
I kindly answered all his questions.

Until i finally got a message asking for a partial refund of 100 gbp for servicing it or send it back (even though he wanted it as a gift)
and that the capstan was hard and rubber belts failed and that i should have tested it extensively. He used it for 5 days
removed the sticker because he thought that this was a problem for sound !
I explained that the box was tested and i didnt want to test it for fore than 24 hours just to preserve its new condition
All this for a boombox that was 35 years old. NIB boombox and sold as is for spares or repair.
To cut a long story short
I told him that i cant accept it back but he threatened of opening a case or settle down for 80 gbp
He opened a case i offered a partial refund of 80 gbp and thats about it.

Ebay always acts in favour of buyers and this is a fact.
If you are a seller you cant prove that you are not an elephant.
This guy is an experienced seller and he clearly knows that, and took advantage of this.
I assume that he was also charged at customs for importing it in the UK and maybe he didnt like that
too.
So he clearly decided to cut costs by asking a refund.
I know i send him a NIB boombox and i have my conciousness clear.
I did send him a partial refund to save me time and to not get involved with an idiot no more.
I used to sell on Ebay but i will not sell anymore its just not worth it.
Excuse me for this long reply.

Reactions: pauly

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I thought the buyer pays the tax? At least that's how it is in the US

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Every item that's on sale include vat. I.e. for an item worth 100 euros and someone sells it then 24 Euros are paid from the seller to the state with the receipt. My price included vat.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
When you buy a boombox of this age even if New In Box one must expect
that it may develop issues. First of rubbers(belts-capstans).
Rubbers need replacing anyway.
They mostly fail after 35 years not in use. Even with the slightest use.
Thats why it was sold as spares and repair. Muffled sound may be produced from
capstan which also may need replacing. Whats a decal has to do with sound??
and why remove it to produce better sound?
When it was in my hands i played a tape on both sides listened to the radio for an hour
and that was pretty it.Should i have it more thorougly used for its functions to be checked extensively ? maybe.
I didnt use it though to preserve its like new condition.
I will be just a buyer from now on on ebay.
For every boombox sold i can find a thousand reasons to return it to the seller.
If advertised as working i will use it for 5 days and maybe the belts will fail, shall i accuse the
seller for that ? asking for partial refund or full refund?
Capstan may fail , shall i accuse the seller for that?
Right speaker balance may not work properly? shall i accuse the seller for that?
Those issued may happen to any boombox. How can a seller prove that he send a fully working item
and the buyer comes with an item with issues ?
All of these are rhetorical questions because noone can prove that he did send a fully working item
and after 5 days this 35 year old item had issues.
Only by making a video before the sale showing its functions. Send it to every buyer. even potential buyers.
and i doubt you will get support from ebay.
Those were my points anyway. Let alone he bought this as a gift for a friend.

Last edited:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i have no issues with you deech my friend Never....this is one reason i don't buy boomboxes any more, there to old.cost to much taxes etc as for selling on ebay i will never do that either my friend, there are to many variables that can go wrong imho, you have always been top shelf in my book bro cheers lad

Last edited:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
There are so many dishonest people out there. I was cheated on many occasions. Some who have an existing eBay account told that he don't have one and send him money order. If it was Ebay I can ask for a refund, so with money order he was stopping ways for a refund. So he knew very well it was damaged. Then I get two molested boxes in non working condition. The guy said he hate to sell it and is so nice, but needs money that is why he is selling it. After the sale he left Facebook and stopped all communications with me.

I feel sorry for you Deech!

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
I would have request he send it back. Paypal will pay the return shipping (buyer request). Sounds like a douche trying to scam and get stuff cheaper. I bet he would have settled down after the request, not used to sellers not bowing to his BS requests.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I would have request he send it back. Paypal will pay the return shipping (buyer request). Sounds like a douche trying to scam and get stuff cheaper. I bet he would have settled down after the request, not used to sellers not bowing to his BS requests.
True but some buyers will remove parts they need and then return it. You're left in the dark by Ebay and no recourse (as the seller)

i have no issues with you deech my friend Never....this is one reason i don't buy boomboxes any more, there to old.cost to much taxes etc as for selling on ebay i will never do that either my friend, there are to many variables that can go wrong imho, you have always been top shelf in my book bro cheers lad
I agree, Deech is top shelf. I've had nothing but great interactions with him and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.!

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
I feel for you Deech.

Every time I sold to someone in the UK through eBay they'd always go for a partial refund or they'd want to return the unit. They never read the listings properly and unfortunately eBay always sides with the buyer. I'd give them the partial refund just to have less hassle knowing full well that they're scamming me.

**** these scammers, it's difficult enough as it is.

Reactions: Radio raheem

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Yup. Ebay sucks now. I'll never buy or sell from there anymore. Even got scammed here by Woppy75 & daviesmaclean@aol.com who are probably the same person. Said he had a Treble slider button for my M80 & asked for a PayPal friends payment for $40 bucks so I took the risk, not wanting to sour the deal by doign a goods payment. FOOK both those clowns. I find the boombox crowd full of impulsive crybabies who want a million bucks for their junk but don't want to pay a fair price when it comes to buying from anyone else& then scam scam scam because their whore mothers didn't love them as kids....sours the enthusiasm....then there's the price gougers who don't want to deal fairly, & on &* on &on....I'm sick of this crowd really.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I can see getting a fair price for your goods as long as you deliver those goods but there are thieves in the f****** world and trusting people they can steal from I don't let it deter me because it's an expensive lesson it's better than getting nothing so just be more careful in your dealings and the best thing to do is deal with reputable people. I can say from my own and that there's a lot of broke m************ who need parts and they want to get in this cheap as they can I can understand that too but it insults some people because they might want to make back their investment.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i want nothing more to do with humanity.....so much so i am ashamed to be human,,,,,they want the maximum $ for something even if they had it cheap. then there is war famine dishonesty etc. i sold 17 boxes and all i had out of it was 750 and the guy stated they were all fooked total bullshit
and were not talking about low end boxes here either
some boxes needed work but guess what i gave him those free,,,,,,anyway i will Never deal with anybody on these forums again.....and one last thing

they are all dishonest theiving bastards where i live too,,,,,,like i said i am done with the human race......there are some honest people but they are so very few of them

most people do not like me on here they never have but guess what foook them i don't care anyway i have enough problems in my own life like being an cripple etc. enough said......will you post it. no i ****ing won't lol

anyway this thread is about Deech...........i will always have high respect for you bro god bless lad. take a chill pill and i hope to hear from you again lad. i still have you're victor m90 can you believe it lad its been 9 years dude. rock on with the antichrist ehh lol

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Bobby lad you are our god haha

Last edited:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
wish i could phone you deech i would lad i would i'm so glad to see you here....im moving to up there haha/////please be ok homie :afro:

Reactions: Brutus442

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I bought a Boombox on eBay and when it came I burnt it up within the first 5 minutes .that's the first time I ever did that but it's because I plugged the wrong voltage DC power adapter never even got to hear the thing work. supposedly it did lol.