Cool blast from the past.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Found on facebook marketplace. Not worth much seeing as analog tv no longer works in north America. But retrofitting to more modern components would be cool. Attractive console, which sony TVs have always been quite stylish about up until these new LCD stuff came out and became all the rave, now you can't tell one TV apart from another as they are all just flat black slabs.

sony lv-1901d.png

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
This takes me back to my younger days in the late 90s when I sold TV's. I remember those Sony Trinitron's well. I owe what strength I have to Sony and Best Buy. Many muscles were built up hefting those 27 and 32" TV's into customers trucks. And, if you were super lucky, you got a wide screen HD tube TV to heft. I still have a Philips 32" wide screen HD tube TV that I purchased from Best Buy when I worked there in my bedroom. It's so heavy, it buckles its own plastic chassis.

Also, this makes me think of shango066 on YouTube. Looks like something he would repair on his channel. Very neat little console indeed :-)

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
This is a Great TV set you got there SuperDuper !!
I think you should get it fixed and use it and i m sure it beats most of todays Televisions.
Those LCDs nowadays dont have the ''soul'' they all look sterilized and boring no matter how hitech they are.
Here is a SONY Trinitron from 1986 which i use
to watch VHS and DVD in a nostalgic ''time capsule'' 1980s room.

IMG_20230605_213038.jpg

Reactions: Radio raheem