Conion C100 - no sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I know what your preference is. No question. I guess we need to find out if dirtwolf went ahead with all the disassembly to reflow it.

If not, the wildcard is the emitter pin. On my open unit I see R242 right next to it, which goes to the base and collector. The emitter pin's first connection is an inch away at the positive side of C238, but it's a can, so the lead isn't exposed. Tacking a wire to jumper wire J211 would work, but if there's anything wrong with the emitter pin's solder, the connection to C238 will have to loop through the jumper wire and the original trace from J211 to C238. This may not be an issue since it's such a large value electrolytic.

dirtwolf

Member (SA)
Mar 2, 2017
Hello again!
I went ahead and disassembled the boom box and resoldered. I haven't done much work on circuit boards so working from the top seemed beyond my skills.
Working great now!

Caution, I saw the pictures of your work on your Conion! Very cool!

Thank You for the help!

stragulus

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2014
New York
caution said:
D204 is a 2SD325 low frequency power amplifier that is part of the alarm circuit. It seems to act as a switch between regular audio and alarm audio. I think if it fails, it leaves normal audio switched off/silenced. I had to replace the neighboring 11V zener diode, D202, to bring mine back to life.
The transistor was fine.
This was exactly my issue too with the Helix I quoted here years earlier. I think these may die if you reverse the DC voltage on the external DC pin and give it enough juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.