Conion c100 need help to identify part and screw question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctx1985

Member (SA)
Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
I may have some extra screws for you if needed. I'm just starting a restoration project (using two rough ones to make one good one). Both of mine are missing some of the screws, so once I have a full set together, I'll let you know what I have leftover. I will probably also have a bunch of other parts to list in the parts section once the project is done, but that will be a while down the road.

Katsa

Member (SA)
Aug 11, 2014
Houston
thanks for the help will work on this over the weekend!

since i only have two different screws how long are the short and medium ?

the_hun

Jan 8, 2018
caution said:
Yeah, here's some images that should help you get it reinstalled.

Caution I would like to let you know that is not the correct way the spring goes for the tape drawer. It does not hook into the white cam at all. It actually hooks around the white cam where it pops into the chassis where the beginning of the slot is cut out where u actually start to insert the cam. When I tried it your way the press to open feature doesn't work for the drawer. I'll post a picture shortly

This is the proper routing for the spring. Hope it helps.

Attachments

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yep that's right. I remember that from mine. I had just grabbed someone else's pics and didn't look close enough.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
You can see how they designed the anchor pin with a shoulder to leave room for the spring.
Instead of those pics saying to put the cam on at the same time as the spring, I think it makes more sense to put the spring on first, then the cam.

the_hun

Jan 8, 2018
Yea I put the spring on first as well. My restoration is coming along nice just have to get some cassette Belts and get my fm stereo light to come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.