Conion C100-BTTF (progress thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
BACK FROM THE PAINTER IN A GLOSSY STRATUS GREY METALLIC!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I immediately peeled off the masking tape and was so happy.
But what did it to me was the contrast between the new glossy black grills and the new paint.
I think it is spot on and screams "BACK TO THE FUTURE" all over :-D :-D :-D

(sorry - better pics to come :blush: )

BTW: It is getting a new trim too because you see how bad the old one looks :thumbsdown:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
HOLY COW THAT LOOKS GREAT IN THAT COLOR!

If you are seriously getting another front plate made, have them make a 2nd one and I will buy it if they are doing the printing on the metal too :yes: .

Cool man.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Zippy said:
:agree: :agree:
But the light here is SO bad :thumbsdown: ...and getting dark outside already :-/ .

I will just finish the details and gonna do a test-mount with all the other parts (except the guts which are in Hamburg) in the next days.

In person this is even more awesome...I am so happy it turned out like that and not like a piece of crap :lol: .

@blu_fuz: I am making a cusotm front plate myself from sticky foil which gets laminated....err - I guess I lack the vocabulary to explain it. Anyway, it is how I made the decals on the back :yes: .
I can make an original writing one for you though. It will not look original since it is shiny when laminated but it definitely looks good imo :yes: . Maybe works as a protection cover for the original trim. It is easily removable. ;-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That could work Max - just let me know what you need to get for one. Even if I don't use it, it might be nice to have around.

I'm hoping to stop at a trophy shop today to see what they can do for me.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
blu_fuz said:
That could work Max - just let me know what you need to get for one. Even if I don't use it, it might be nice to have around.

I'm hoping to stop at a trophy shop today to see what they can do for me.
Cool idea!

And dude - material wise my idea is really not hard to realize. The whole trim gets printed on two pages. The hardest part is probably cutting the holes out for the knobs and switches. :yes:
It's okay if you pay the shipping which is also nto gonna be much since it is only two sheets.
And fi you don't mind, I will leave the hole cutting to you ;-) . You just need a sharp blade and a steady hand :lol: .

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Just wanted to let you know my local trophy shop is going to try to make these front C100 plates out of aluminum for us :yes: . We will have to hand cut the holes, but that shouldn't be too hard with a razor blade and some patience :yes: . Waiting for price quote and a test piece :thumbsup: .

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That looks pretty good MAX! :w00t: :yes:

Quit taking pictures with your phone! :lol:

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
blu_fuz said:
That looks pretty good MAX! :w00t: :yes:

Quit taking pictures with your phone! :lol:
Dude - the sad turth is that this is taken with my digital camera :sadno: .

Samsung S85 :thumbsdown: Don't get this camera - ever. :lol:

One thing you should know about my decals is that they are not the original aluminum look but a brushed steel look (DeLorean :lol: ). They can be printed on any color dc fix though ;-)
http://www.d-c-fix-shop.de/produktberei ... ebend.html

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
This is getting to be more and more AWESOME!!!!
Max I have found that even with the crappiest camera
white or natural light when positioned correctly could help photo
results dramatically.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Go ahead and select the 5 Nov 1955 :-D :lol:

This is still my fine-adjustment set of stickers. Some cuts still need to be moved minimally on the original file.
BUT - I am pretty impressed how close it looks to the original. And it was easier than I thought :-D .

Status
Not open for further replies.