Coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The thing I hated about the Fast and the Furious was how they f***** up those beautiful Buick Grand Nationals. The one thing that irks me most about any form of entertainment was when they destroy nice vehicles.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Fast & Furious had some cool aspects to it, but man that dude either doesn't know about cars, or just doesn't care. The script got at least 100 things wrong about cars and driving. Double-clutching when street-racing? Calling nitrous NAWZ? Being impressed by a "cool air intake" and an engine management system? Floor panels flying off? Tires breaking traction when you're already doing triple digit speeds? Using a Jetta for street racing?
Yeah, those early F&F are painful to watch, like watching Radio Raheem adjust the Mic Mix slider and not the Volume slider in Do The Right Thing. :bang:

But all these TV shows and movies featuring car chases suck.

OK, the cars are on the open highway, they have been flat out for minutes, suddenly the police car is able to close in and rear end the bad guy, so the bad guy simply gives it more gas! REALLY??? The cops are chasing you, your in the desert in a straight line and the throttle isn't floored?

Screenshot 2018-08-22 15.25.22.png

Or how they are always able to down shift and floor it. Why the F*** didn't you do that before...AND....how many farkin' gears does that thing got? 20?

It's as lame as a gun shoot out where the guy fires 15 bullets from his six shooter.

Sorry, just can't do 'em.

After the last Jack Reacher Chevelle scene, I am done with watching my dream cars get trashed. The old argument is, "well, that car was junk anyway, only thing good on it was the firewall and the roof"....AND???? It looked pretty f****g good to me! Hand me the keys and pink slip and just walk away!

If they want to use a classic car in a movie and draw me in, show the hero car BE THE HERO!

The new story line....

"Chris Awesome (obvious hero name) has had his smokin' hawt girl friend stolen :-O. The bad guys who swiped her are driving a BMW (as bad guys do, no offense Reli). The only thing that can possibly save her is a 1970 Chevelle SS with a twin turbo 596 big block, 6 speed Tremec stick shift trans and posi rear end. Good thing our hero had the sense and where for all to set up the car for weekend rally cross featuring a full Hotchkis suspension and Brembo disc brakes on all four corners!
:blink: :hmmm: :thumbsup: :clap: :rock:

The bad guys try to out run him through the city streets, but his 1000 hp at the rear wheels make it impossible! :w00t:, they try to lose him in the canyons, but he's right with them. They make a last ditch effort to lose him on the open highway, but that 6th gear transmission makes him the High Way Star!

He's able to pull along side the baddies and simply shoot them trough the drivers window.....

This sends the BMW into a horrible cartwheel down the desert highway killing both bad guys and the girlfriend. BUT!!!! Since she hated the Chevelle and always bitched that he spent more time on it then with her, so it was no big loss!

And the car lives to race another day!"

~FIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpOe-ZRXYM

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I would buy all the copies of the DVD of that Chris Awesome movie! :thumbsup: :rock:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
The bad guys who swiped her are driving a BMW (as bad guys do, no offense Reli).
That's OK, he'd probably have a nice new one, not a 12 year old one worth only $5-6K :lol:

Plus I think bad guys drive Tahoes, Suburbans, and Chargers now :lol: And they're more reliable than any European car, that's for sure. :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Reli said:
That's OK, he'd probably have a nice new one, not a 12 year old one worth only $5-6K :lol:
What model are you driving, Hans?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
It's a 330

Euro car values sink like a rock, because they fall apart after the warranty and are too expensive to fix. Good bargain if you can work a wrench and you have a hookup in the parts business. Otherwise...….no.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Fatdog said:
I would buy all the copies of the DVD of that Chris Awesome movie! :thumbsup: :rock:
T-STER said:
Jesus Chris!
Reli said:
The bad guys who swiped her are driving a BMW (as bad guys do, no offense Reli).

Plus I think bad guys drive Tahoes, Suburbans, and Chargers now :lol: And they're more reliable than any European car, that's for sure. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Reli said:
It's a 330

Euro car values sink like a rock, because they fall apart after the warranty and are too expensive to fix. Good bargain if you can work a wrench and you have a hookup in the parts business. Otherwise...….no.
I have a 2001 530i M Sport. I know too well how they "fall apart". :lol: It's definitely a love / hate relationship with that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.