Clearsky1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambience

Member (SA)
I didn't realize we had an eBay feedback thread earlier, but I figured this warranted a mention. I purchased some rx 5085 speakers and tweeters off a BIN listing on eBay for around $25. Looked decent enough from the pictures, stated the typical wear amd yellowing, whatever, better than water damage my speakers had at the time. Anyways, speakers came in sooner than expected and the shipping was impressive, pretty much the reason for this post. I wasn't sure how one would ship speakers, being new to the boombox game, but I was so impressed, I took photos without the anticipation of showing anyone else. Ha took me.a good 5 minutes to get them out with all the zip ties. The speakers themselves were a little more yellow than I had anticipated,but they look and sound a lot better, and that's good enough for me.

DSC_1059.JPG
DSC_1058.JPGDSC_1061.JPG

He had some other random 5085 parts that I'd buy if I had permission. Haha so if anyone is looking give this guy a try. A in my book

duckman

Member (SA)
Looks like a possible paint project maybe? Lots of info on here regarding it . Good luck man

Ambience

Member (SA)
duckman said:
Looks like a possible paint project maybe? Lots of info on here regarding it . Good luck man
Thanks, I was actually thinking of practice painting the old ones! As I've no use for them now.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
JustCruisin said:
I would try this stuff.. :yes:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Have you tried this yourself with success?

Ambience

Member (SA)
MyOhMy said:
Have you tried this yourself with success?
I may try it on the old speakers. ha

Hisrudeness said:
The Earth Wind & Fire Panasonic.
A very capable and pretty box. Hope it goes well!
Yup, I love this thing. No wonder Earth Wind & Fire endorsed this. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.