Canads first Boombox Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Well done guys!!! Looks like a great variety and a good set up of boxes. I didn't see a number or count names, but how many members were there? Looks like maybe around 20 boxes?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Fantastic gents, im glad a swell time was had by all....Geoff if it hadn't been for you my friend i doubt this event would have taken place...YOU ARE THE FRIGGIN MAN my friend, just wish i could have been there to steal you're m90 after farking my 2 up lol...thanks for shairing these wonderful pics my man :-) :thumbsup:

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reli said:
Nice photos! Love the modded Goldstar.

But the Hyper Sound? I have the TC-999 version, and while the bass is good, the overall precision & accuracy of the sound is below average. The M90 blows it away IMHO.
Reli I have the M90 and I can honestly say this Hyper Sound stopped two members in our tracks! I'm not saying they're are in the same league, but it is one hell of a good sounding box using the "bang for your buck" formula. Thanks to Vintage Man I'm going to keep my eyes open for one.

Rimmer36 said:
Fantastic gents, im glad a swell time was had by all....Geoff if it hadn't been for you my friend i doubt this event would have taken place...YOU ARE THE FRIGGIN MAN my friend, just wish i could have been there to steal you're m90 after farking my 2 up lol...thanks for shairing these wonderful pics my man :-) :thumbsup:
In fairness Rimmer, this was orchestrated by Tony Cruz. He set the ball rolling and we chatted via phone until we came to this arrangement. All the credit for spearheading this goes to him and the fantastic members/ fans who showed up! It was a great afternoon spent with like minded crazies! LOL

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
trippy1313 said:
Well done guys!!! Looks like a great variety and a good set up of boxes. I didn't see a number or count names, but how many members were there? Looks like maybe around 20 boxes?
I knew someone was going to ask this, and I'm not the best to answer because I met so many individuals and was given names and site names that my memory is fried.

I can tell you Vintage Man, KennerithMaGuire, Tony Cruz and myself were there. I only know this because I spent the bulk of the time drooling over their collections.

Sorry to those names I've forgotten.... :bang: :dunce:

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
No Gordie unfortunately Ira, besides I don't think they make a trailer large enough for his Conion/ Clairtone to be hauled in from Montreal. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.