Can you believe people still put these in the dumpster !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
The speakers in these Sanyos (M9994, M9998, 920) are the key to the bass they produce - loose cone style.

I love older Sanyos but if I could change 2 things about them, it would be:

1. Increased line in sensitivity
2. More amp power so that lovely bass could be maintained further up the volume scale! :-)

& the 9996!!

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Nickeccles said:
The speakers in these Sanyos (M9994, M9998, 920) are the key to the bass they produce - loose cone style.
I love older Sanyos but if I could change 2 things about them, it would be:
1. Increased line in sensitivity
2. More amp power so that lovely bass could be maintained further up the volume scale! :-)

& the 9996!!
Sorry Nick, I haven't heard a 9996 so I wasn't going to say anything disparaging about it! :lol:

Classy box the 9996: :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
these have stiff speakers just like the pc 55 you waste power because it takes everything just to get the cones moving. these boxes sound awesome but they are horribly under powered , too bad because these are one of the nicest boomboxes i owned. i think a woofer swap will be a step in the right direction.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
JVC Floyd said:
these have stiff speakers just like the pc 55 you waste power because it takes everything just to get the cones moving. these boxes sound awesome but they are horribly under powered , too bad because these are one of the nicest boomboxes i owned. i think a woofer swap will be a step in the right direction.
Hi Floyd,I have the JW & the C of these and at 27.5 wpc they're no slouch yes they get loud but yes also lacking some bass. But I holler up some house speakers,boy was I surprised!!😦😎🎼🎶📻

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
The fact that whomever threw it away most likely didn't stop and think, "Hm, maybe this is worth something...".

Lovely boombox, though. I think I might go on a hunt for one of these. Anyone know how good the deck is?

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Ghettoboom767 said:
Hi Floyd,I have the JW & the C of these and at 27.5 wpc they're no slouch yes they get loud but yes also lacking some bass. But I holler up some house speakers,boy was I surprised!!
jeff i was saying the mx 920 is under powered , i know the pc 55 is over powered but the woofers are really stiff and waste power.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Yes Floyd I agree,nice sound decent bass but is lacking some power,I've heard the MX-920 and I think my 720 sounds as good but the bling in these are quite nice!😎🙂📻📻

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
For me this is the nicest looking boomer ever made. I dont know why i have just loved it from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.