Can anyone ID the boombox in this photo? [identified]

Status
Not open for further replies.

orcbast

Member (SA)
Apr 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I am trying to find a replacement for the boombox that my parents had when I was a kid. After going through every photo in the albums this is all that I could find.

I've spent so much time pouring over photos online and I believe that the second image is the same radio. But it's a piece of clipart so not only has it had the brand name blurred out there are hundreds of copies of it online taunting me. I've been looking at eBay auctions for over a month and still haven't spotted it.

I apologize for just jumping in with a question first thing but like Obi-Wan, you guys are my only hope. :)

Even if no one knows, thank you anyway. Browsing through your collections has given me the drive to keep looking.

Attachments

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Nope, never seen that one before, But I'm sure someone here will figure it out!

Good looking box, BIG tweeters!

Good luck in your quest and welcome to the site!

orcbast

Member (SA)
Apr 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
THAFUZZ said:
Looks like a General Electric 3-5257A. :hmmm:
. . .

(speechless)

Oh my gosh, that's amazing! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :w00t:

I'm just amazed. When I get one I'm going to crank up a mix tape in your honor. :rock:

[edit] There's a video of one on Youtube.http://youtu.be/yYHMLaXOmEE

When they turned it to show the back I was hit by the biggest nostalgia wave ever. (Those tape trays!) This is 100% without a doubt the correct radio. You guys are awesome. When I get mine I'll be sure to report back. :D

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
orcbast said:
I am trying to find a replacement for the boombox that my parents had when I was a kid. After going through every photo in the albums this is all that I could find.

I've spent so much time pouring over photos online and I believe that the second image is the same radio. But it's a piece of clipart so not only has it had the brand name blurred out there are hundreds of copies of it online taunting me. I've been looking at eBay auctions for over a month and still haven't spotted it.

I apologize for just jumping in with a question first thing but like Obi-Wan, you guys are my only hope. :)

Even if no one knows, thank you anyway. Browsing through your collections has given me the drive to keep looking.
That's the same stock photo that Osiris used to design their shoebox boombox.. You can tell by the cracked tape guard under the deck keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.