Bumpboxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
caution said:
If there's separate amps for each side, or the single amp is two channels with one unused, then it comes down to the control panel doodad on the side and if that's designed to be mono only, or if it's really stereo; if so the jacks might even be stereo with an unused pin, but if not those could get replaced, at least just one or two to get stereo sound into it.

You rocked that DJ Tech, you could be the first with a stereo Bumpboxx!
I figure it's just a matter of when, not if, someone tries it :lol:
I think the whole cabinet design doesn't really allow the Bumpboxx to deliver HiFi sound whether it's mono or stereo which is cool as that wasn't part of the design brief.

I'm assuming their next effort will raise the bar and offer separated left and right speaker cabinets (internal) and a stereo amp.

They also need to seal up the cabinet to elimate the air leaks that people have noticed particularly around the control panel. It's impossible to tune those ports with air leaks.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Rumor has it there may be a joint venture in the works between Bumpboxx and Aiwa to build an audiophile based boombox for the more discerning listener. I certainly hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.