BoomRoom / Gaming Room update

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
So iv now put up a shelf and some brackets for my Boomboxes and had a bit more room to play with so iv now added a glass self unit that now has my small 80s CRT tv set that has my Atari 2600 on it (as ya do) & also my Xbox 360 & my jvc top loader vhs recorder ! so i thought id share some pics with you all ! DSCF2344.JPGDSCF2345.JPGDSCF2346.JPGDSCF2347.JPGDSCF2348.JPGDSCF2349.JPGDSCF2350.JPGDSCF2351.JPGDSCF2352.JPG

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
This place looks very good. This mini TV looks so cool.
I like shelfs made of drawers, with cassettes, movies and games collection.
What is this mixer with two cassettes, I never seen before?
I'm not sure, the right name is men's cave...

Reactions: TechnicsDan82

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Nice! I need to get my man cave up and running again, miss what I had. All my stuff is packed away in storage at the moment until I get either a place of my own or move somewhere bigger. It all used to be at my nan's shed, somewhat organised chaos! 20150813_200200.jpg

I'd love to have some cabinets with my Walkman's out, my games consoles all hooked up, and a wall of boomboxes!

But I love what you've done, looks really clean and organised!

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Thank you ! the mixer thing is an Amstrad Studio 100 mate !

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Nice! I need to get my man cave up and running again, miss what I had. All my stuff is packed away in storage at the moment until I get either a place of my own or move somewhere bigger. It all used to be at my nan's shed, somewhat organised chaos! View attachment 50188

I'd love to have some cabinets with my Walkman's out, my games consoles all hooked up, and a wall of boomboxes!

But I love what you've done, looks really clean and organised!
Thank you very much
lupogtiboy
I think the key is not to have too much if you can stop yourself lol ! iv kinda kept too having a set amount of Boomboxes or it would get silly and out of controle & you can never use them all at one given time so i have a few that work perfectly and some that dont so they are just for show to look cool ! im starting to collect more of the gaming consols to as you can now buy all in one games for them or indeed mod them with sd cards from japan ! i use a big old 90s Toshiba crt for my consols manly but the small 80s hinari portable is used for my late 70s gaming stuff & sometimes betamax ! i would love to start a small walkman collection but prices are that of crack prices & i wont pay that for a tape player lol ! i must say from your photo you have an awesome collection of retro gear fairplay .

Reactions: lupogtiboy

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
yea boomboxes are overrated and over priced Dan , no need for hundreds bro, seems many of yours have gone bro still a good display tho lad :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
cool youtube channel too man !

yea boomboxes are overrated and over priced Dan , no need for hundreds bro, seems many of yours have gone bro still a good display tho lad :thumbsup:
only two that dont work bro ! saying that if i can be arssed could just get new belts for one of them ! il call ya now

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
I have around 140ish consoles and computers in my collection! You can never have too much of a good thing in my book. My Walkman collection stands around 100ish I'd guess, md players and discmans around 70ish, radio control cars (mainly Tamiya and Kyosho and a few toy grade ones) around 150ish, boomboxes around 20ish. So yes, I'm a serial hoarder of things I like! My brother is the same, anything 80's toy related he's all over it, has around 700 (yes 700!) transformers, He-man, Star Wars, other obscure stuff, his room is a shrine to it all! Hence why all my stuff is in storage!

Anyway, I love the look of the black system mounted on the wall, what model is this one?

DSCF2352.JPG

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
I have around 140ish consoles and computers in my collection! You can never have too much of a good thing in my book. My Walkman collection stands around 100ish I'd guess, md players and discmans around 70ish, radio control cars (mainly Tamiya and Kyosho and a few toy grade ones) around 150ish, boomboxes around 20ish. So yes, I'm a serial hoarder of things I like! My brother is the same, anything 80's toy related he's all over it, has around 700 (yes 700!) transformers, He-man, Star Wars, other obscure stuff, his room is a shrine to it all! Hence why all my stuff is in storage!

Anyway, I love the look of the black system mounted on the wall, what model is this one?

View attachment 50191
cool sounds like you and ya bro have an awesome collection fairplay ! the black boombox is a phillips one

Reactions: lupogtiboy

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
God bless Dan lad im glad you're liking them bro. thanks for a great day out lad and that jukebox is bigger than in the pics lad and was rather fascinating to see all the workings is a stunner lad..also glad to hear the Technics set up finally sounding like it should do bro, finally lol

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
God bless Dan lad im glad you're liking them bro. thanks for a great day out lad and that jukebox is bigger than in the pics lad and was rather fascinating to see all the workings is a stunner lad..also glad to hear the Technics set up finally sounding like it should do bro, finally lol
cheers bro im well chuffed with the booms ! yeah the technics do sound badass fairplay ! just cleaned up the pc and put the side back on ! thanks man its so nice to have a sick pc again missed mine alot

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio raheem

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
  • Love