Boomboxes IN Boxes

Superduper

Member (SA)
aiwa_eos.jpg

THE Aiwa. I said THE Aiwa. Yes, you all know this model but this one is special. Note the box, it's plain white. This was mentioned in the thread years ago regarding the Vegas meet. Someone got in touch with Aiwa (who had at the time, just released the first new product in over a decade (the really cool blutooth boombox shown) and the event organizers asked them to sponsor the meet. The CEO donated this particular box and auctioned it off, and sent to proceeds to the boombox meet organizers. This boombox was legend in it's own right but this one is uber 1 of a kind special. It's special in that it was one of (I think) THREE prototypes. It comes with a personal letter from the CEO authenticating the box as being 1 of 3 prototypes. I think it's three, and the letter is in the box, I should have read it before typing this up, but it doesn't much matter anyhow. I think the letter describes the other 2 specimens as having gone to other partners so this is the only one in circulation. Yep, I was the generous auction winner. Who amongst the Vegas meet peeps wants to add this to their collection as a momento? Those that didn't know about the vegas meet can just search the archives, there's about 20 threads on it and the entire story is posted there, interesting thread for sure. A bit of reminiscing and history here, which I'm bringing up due to how much apathy recently appears to have drifted over the forum.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
View attachment 56101

THE Aiwa. I said THE Aiwa. Yes, you all know this model but this one is special. Note the box, it's plain white. This was mentioned in the thread years ago regarding the Vegas meet. Someone got in touch with Aiwa (who had at the time, just released the first new product in over a decade (the really cool blutooth boombox shown) and the event organizers asked them to sponsor the meet. The CEO donated this particular box and auctioned it off, and sent to proceeds to the boombox meet organizers. This boombox was legend in it's own right but this one is uber 1 of a kind special. It's special in that it was one of (I think) THREE prototypes. It comes with a personal letter from the CEO authenticating the box as being 1 of 3 prototypes. I think it's three, and the letter is in the box, I should have read it before typing this up, but it doesn't much matter anyhow. I think the letter describes the other 2 specimens as having gone to other partners so this is the only one in circulation. Yep, I was the generous auction winner. Who amongst the Vegas meet peeps wants to add this to their collection as a momento? Those that didn't know about the vegas meet can just search the archives, there's about 20 threads on it and the entire story is posted there, interesting thread for sure. A bit of reminiscing and history here, which I'm bringing up due to how much apathy recently appears to have drifted over the forum.
I do remember this. especially now that you brought it up lol.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I would love to see Norm's whole collection of everything but I know it bring on the Fred Sanford Heart Attack.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I would love to see Norm's whole collection of everything but I know it bring on the Fred Sanford Heart Attack.
I would love to see most peoples collections lad,,,,,,i don't care if people have dozens more than me lol,,,,,after all this is a boombox forum

i feel another rimmer sale coming on lad as i just don't use most of them anymore

Superduper

Member (SA)
Here's something you don't see everyday. Or every week. Or every year and decade! Should delight all Sony FH-7 fans out there.

Yep, it's a unicorn and rumor and legend, but it actually exists! THIS is the optional DC power supply unit that no FH-7 seems to have. One would think that it's merely an empty shell to house batteries right? Wrong. The FH-7 amplifiers are extremely high powered and needs high (mains) voltage to do that. Batteries wouldn't even light the LEDs. So in order to make the FH-7 a true portable that you can take to camp grounds, etc, you'll need this which will replace the entire amp unit on the bottom. It has it's own amplifier designed and suitable for battery operation. Oh, and I think it takes 12 D cells.

ebp78-1.jpg

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Here's something you don't see everyday. Or every week. Or every year and decade! Should delight all Sony FH-7 fans out there.

Yep, it's a unicorn and rumor and legend, but it actually exists! THIS is the optional DC power supply unit that no FH-7 seems to have. One would think that it's merely an empty shell to house batteries right? Wrong. The FH-7 amplifiers are extremely high powered and needs high (mains) voltage to do that. Batteries wouldn't even light the LEDs. So in order to make the FH-7 a true portable that you can take to camp grounds, etc, you'll need this which will replace the entire amp unit on the bottom. It has it's own amplifier designed and suitable for battery operation. Oh, and I think it takes 12 D cells.

View attachment 56105
These are more valuable than the fh 7 itself.