Boomboxラジカセ Creators and Moog Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
Two weeks ago I was invited by a good friend to create a boombox installation at a Moog event he was hosting at his recording studio during NAMM. For the installation I brought nine boxes and my DJ wife used an FM transmitter to play a Moog-themed set through them.

I decided against hanging the boxes and instead opted for placing them on ledges and surfaces throughout the party. Doing this gave a less staged look and people the opportunity to experience each box's unique personality up close. I also showed an incomplete version of the Boomboxラジカセ Creators documentary teaser on a few screens including my Sharp CT-6001.

My team and I were up until 5 AM the night before the event editing the teaser and forgot a few important elements. :dunce: The teaser is going through a round of last-minute tweaks before dropping this Tuesday. :yes:

I also was a bit distracted at the event so didn't take too many pictures. Here's one image:

DSC05224.jpg

Go!

=ml=

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
blu_fuz said:
Oh I wish you had more pics!
Ask and you shall receive! ;-)

Here's the teetotaling M90 :lol:

DSC05225.jpg

And an overview of the party after all the boxes were set up and before everyone arrived:

DSC05230.jpg

Can you count and name the boxes in the picture? :hmmm: Sorry it's a bit out of focus :blush: (I told you I was distracted)!

Go!

=ml=

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Must have a nice event!
Way to represent. And I am glad you didn't hang them from the handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.