Boombarn!...not long now!

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Ok so a year ago I posted about my boom barn plan http://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/29478-new-mega-boom-room-on-its-way/#entry369369

Well I had to renovate the house first and then winter hit. The land is very wet over winter so I had to wait until this month before I could have a load of land drainage put in so it’ll now be usable all year round. Had the same people do the groundwork’s for the barn so that’s done too now! Five truck loads of rock and one truck load of concrete and that’s just the footings!

Another two weeks and the steelworks will have manufactured the steel frame then up it goes...900 square feet of boom barn!!!!!!

3CB60FF2-67DD-4797-9D59-A65C5D83BCDF.jpeg

9ABABD4C-1DC8-40B7-84A3-02E2DEE5D44D.jpeg

4DF9C200-E253-4260-8229-99980B3B9EDA.jpeg

9837E193-F119-4339-AE02-C1FC8D3544A0.jpeg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I love it ! . I live on my roughly 800 sq foot garage man cave house I built 22 years ago on my parents land . Times are tough and everything is paid for so I sold my house and said **** it.

We have a nice piece of land with forest on all 4 sides.

My whole life I wanted my own garage so I know you will be so happy when its done you won't know what to do lol.

I remembered replacing the fuel pump in one of my cars in the my garage before the walls were done after we poured the slab lol.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Cheers Floyd. Your place sound awesome.

I’ve never had enough money to do anything like this before...I’ve worked for a charity the last 20 years and they don’t pay great lol. So buying this place at auction was scary and risky but it’s really paid off as I got it so cheap that for once in my life I can pay someone else to do some building work!

Can’t wait :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Not a lot of love for the boombarn lol...surprises me that, it’s been my dream for a long while now to get a big space for my boomboxes after a series of house moves with limited space. I’m surprised so few share this dream...I’m gonna get my stuff in there and never leave lol

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
It's great to live out a dream and to be able to realise it, looking forward to seeing it and enjoying boomboxes as a crew again.

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Hey up! That looks a fantastic barn in the making!
Is it about 30 ft x 30? My maths isn't too good:) I've been living the 'nap' and converting a 6x 12ft shed into a 'boomcoop', so far the insulation is in (rockwool) and the walls are being lined with laminate flooring (17 boxes for £30!) It's all been done on the super cheap and DIY, I'm 6 months in and putting the floor down now, can't wait!
Do you have any build pictures we can see please? How long before it's finished do you think?

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Northerner said:
Not a lot of love for the boombarn lol...surprises me that, it’s been my dream for a long while now to get a big space for my boomboxes after a series of house moves with limited space. I’m surprised so few share this dream...I’m gonna get my stuff in there and never leave lol
I moved into my garage 4 years ago but I built a separate section that has a kitchen bathroom and bedroom and that's where I live and I can still get almost any full size truck in it plus there's work benches and tools and an area to work on the motor cycle .

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hey Si that looks great!

Are they insulated panels or just sheet metal? The UK's winters can be brutal and having a warm work area is worth it!

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
docs said:
It's great to live out a dream and to be able to realise it, looking forward to seeing it and enjoying boomboxes as a crew again.
Cheers Dave, would love to host a meet up here. Bit more rustic than your fab venue but it’ll do lol

DPaignall said:
Hey up! That looks a fantastic barn in the making!
Is it about 30 ft x 30? My maths isn't too good:) I've been living the 'nap' and converting a 6x 12ft shed into a 'boomcoop', so far the insulation is in (rockwool) and the walls are being lined with laminate flooring (17 boxes for £30!) It's all been done on the super cheap and DIY, I'm 6 months in and putting the floor down now, can't wait!
Do you have any build pictures we can see please? How long before it's finished do you think?
Yep 30 foot by foot. It’s just footings at the moment but the steel frame should be here in about two weeks. Goes up really quick then in a few days. You should put a thread up on your build too, love to see this sort of stuff :-)

deech said:
Cumbria hmmm. It is a forest land as i can see form the pics. great to be living in nature and enjoy it Simon.
It’s beautiful round here, we even get wild deer in the garden :-)

Brutus442 said:
Hey Si that looks great!

Are they insulated panels or just sheet metal? The UK's winters can be brutal and having a warm work area is worth it!
Not insulated yet as I’ve not got the budget for them to do that. I’ll put in a wood burning stove for some heat to start with but will likely insulate it in stages. We’re in the north and we’re quite high up so it does get pretty wild in the winter. We can get snowed in apparently though it didn’t happen this winter, this being our first winter in the new place. Quite looking forward to being snowed in lol

JVC Floyd said:
I moved into my garage 4 years ago but I built a separate section that has a kitchen bathroom and bedroom and that's where I live and I can still get almost any full size truck in it plus there's work benches and tools and an area to work on the motor cycle .
That is so much most men’s dream :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I added a wood stove last year , I have enough trees in the woods already on the ground to cut up but it takes work to stay warm at almost no cost. My only investment is time and gas to run the saw but I have to split the wood but its cheaper than spending money.