Best 3 piece boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
ford93 said:
Just as Reli said the Telefunken Studio 1M.

Also the Telefunken HP800.

Both in my opinion are bedroom boxes they're not loud boxes but at a decent listening level they produce great bass and highs, Especially the HP800's highs are so crispy.

Panasonic RX-DT680 is another but the circuitry goes bad on these.
Sad to say but humans will never make beauties like that again. Simply beautiful machines. :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Nope this fh 7 is ac only unless you have the battery pack which is super rare.
Plus though powerful I think it sounds flatter than a pancake , not horrible but the PC 55 smokes the **** out of it for sound quality .

I did replace the fh 7 woofers with some high end old skool hafler 4 inch woofers and the speakers sound much better now.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I should have added some Rockmat inside the speakers of my HP-800 before I sold it. Those speakers have thin plastic walls. It still sounded great but could have sounded even better. Every time I've used Rockmat it deepened the bass and eliminated the boxy resonance caused by thin plastic walls.

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
ford93 said:
Just as Reli said the Telefunken Studio 1M.

Also the Telefunken HP800.

Both in my opinion are bedroom boxes they're not loud boxes but at a decent listening level they produce great bass and highs, Especially the HP800's highs are so crispy.

Panasonic RX-DT680 is another but the circuitry goes bad on these.
What do mean by the circuitry going bad? Does it affect the sound quality? Thanks.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
That Telefunken is just stunning!! HiFi Studio is well documented here & one of the best I believe but the HP-800 is so beautiful & I want one!!

Nearly bought one off the bay last year but it was tainted cosmetically & that put me off :sadno: Anyone got one to sell??

The big Fisher 3 piece larger models I love too - My Fisher PH-460LG is big heavy & loud & looks so nice...................

Silver Grilles.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
My Silver SR-8000 sounds great, the bass doesn't go as deep as the Telefunken, but it's much louder! And the sound got even better after I added Rockmat to the inside walls of the speakers. :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekg86RoupMI

Status
Not open for further replies.