Badboybill's house this Saturday,be there or be square......

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
We had short meet cuz Joe had to get home to watch his baby girl. But it was fantastic as usual and the boxes were magnificent. I got to check out Scotts newest boxes, his Aiwa 880 which was an excellent box which now i will have to add one to my collection... We also compared our Telefunken Studio 1's. as you can see I have the Studio 1 and Scott's is the 1M :-). Both of course look and sound fantastic :drool: Then Joe checked over his 3 Grails I repaired, hopefully he is happy :lol: then the guys checked out a few of my new ones. The Dynasty Discolite, The Korean Black AKA C126, my Sharp GF777 and the New I931 BTQ Silver/chrome model. All in all it was a great meet :thumbsup:

I took some pics so hope you guys enjoy :-). Joe and Scott were awesome :smooch: Joe made a copy of his JVC M90 Service manual that was exact duplicate and brought me a copy :thumbsup: Scott and I worked out a small buy. A couple months ago there was a Sanyo M X520 on eBay in pretty good shape. I wanted it because they are hard to find and since I have 620,720,920 and Big Ben to complete family more :-). Anyway I was having surgery day it ended and never was able to bid. Few weeks later I found out Scott bid and won :thumbsup: So he pretty much cleaned and repaired unit and I explained how bad I wanted it. Him and I worked out deal and well now I have it. Plus Scott went out of his way to buy a service manual to go with Boombox :thumbsup: these guys are
Just awesome and I'm glad to call them my friends :smooch:

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Thanks for a fun day Bill,even thought it was short we got a lot done.
Joe picked up his recently repaired grails from Bill.
I picked up my HUGE repaired Sansui FX300R from Bill
I got to check out Bill's Chinese Conion C126 aka,a new Dynasty Discolight which Joe and I had never gotten to see or hear before.
And a great Sharp GF777 and his brand new silver Lasonic TRC931BT.
Bill and Joe checked out my Aiwa CS880E which neither of them had seen or heard in person before.
Here is a few pics........ :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Good to be home and have my working grails with me! Short but sweet meet today, last minute plan changes but it had to happen. I had a great time as usual. Have fun with your boys b-day party tonight. Thanks again Bill ;)

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
great pics guys ....good to see you all together... :thumbsup: skippy congrats on that telefunkin it's mint....best of all is 2 of them would have loved to be there to hear those beasts together....bill the disco looks amazing glad you got that all sorted out...joe congeats on your grails are as good as new ...great day out fellas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
bklyn sound said:
great pics guys ....good to see you all together... :thumbsup: skippy congrats on that telefunkin it's mint....best of all is 2 of them would have loved to be there to hear those beasts together....bill the disco looks amazing glad you got that all sorted out...joe congeats on your grails are as good as new ...great day out fellas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Jimmy. Even though it was a short meet it turned out good :-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
skippy1969 said:
Thanks for a fun day Bill,even thought it was short we got a lot done.
Joe picked up his recently repaired grails from Bill.
I picked up my HUGE repaired Sansui FX300R from Bill
I got to check out Bill's Chinese Conion C126 aka,a new Dynasty Discolight which Joe and I had never gotten to see or hear before.
And a great Sharp GF777 and his brand new silver Lasonic TRC931BT.
Bill and Joe checked out my Aiwa CS880E which neither of them had seen or heard in person before.
Here is a few pics........ :thumbsup:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/skippy1969/IMG_0549.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/skippy1969/IMG_0550.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/skippy1969/IMG_0551.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/skippy1969/IMG_0553.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/skippy1969/IMG_0555.jpg
Great pics Scott :drool: You must have took them when I was having a smoke break :-). Glad to see both you guys and you and Joe are always welcome :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
bantytfv said:
Looks like you all had a great time! Great photos as well. Bill, so glad to see you got the disco fully working! :thumbsup:
Thanks the discolite is such a cool looker. I worked a little on it last night because the right deck pause control was very hard to depress and the stop/eject was sticking. I was able to fix both issues and now pause and stop/eject are working great :thumbsup: I even tested the record and continuous play and both work great :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
This is the first time I went to a meet and didn't have a new boomer to share :'-( .

Status
Not open for further replies.