bad experience: soundzgreat123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
My brother got a Lasonic 975 for a good price - but it arrived smashed. The transformer wasn't screwed on and destroyed the inside. Now all cables are loose and several plastic bits are broken. The seller didn't really care and wouldn't go for a compromise :thumbsdown: No protection cause no paypal...

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I think with the guidance of one or two experienced members it can be fixed :yes: But it won't be too easy to get every single cable where it belongs :-/

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
We can help you bro. Ill open up mu 975 and get you some pictures for the repairs.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
Its a common problem with the lasonics if not shipped the proper way,, but there is always hope ,,i have repaired a couple of them with those same problems,,a good glue is a must and time to sit down and look at pics to sort out the mess sometimes u might need to solder also if a board gets cracked so be prepared :yes: :yes: :yes:

joeladamkrueger

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2011
That really sucks! Same seller that I had a not so great experience with... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12907
I finally got a partial refund and the box is nice just not at all as nice as he described it! He should understand that he needs to step up or he will lose potential customers. I for one will not be dealing with him again... :nonono:

Good luck with the restoration and awesome of blu_fuz to take the time to take pictures! :thumbsup:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Wow that sucks. Those are big boxes, easily damaged.

Any seller with less than 98% good feedback should be avoided IMHO.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
blu_fuz said:
We can help you bro. Ill open up mu 975 and get you some pictures for the repairs.
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup: But no hurry. The box is still at my brother's place in Munich - I'll visit him next month and then take the Lasonic home with me.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I also recommend on any big black box to remove transformer and wrap in seperate bubble wrap for shipment. If they can't, then don't buy. These are main cause for damage in shipping. Good luck with repairs ;-)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Reli said:

You know what?
I have 97.6% positive feedback or something like that because some Russian moron bought a box from me that I listed as defective for 20€ and he gave me negative feedback because my description was "misleading".
What the heck??????? :annoyed:
You can really not say that everyone who is under 98% is a bad seller. Every single time I would recommend to go through the feedbacks and READ them.
There are plenty of idiotic buyers out there who expect new items when they buy a 30 year old boombox :thumbsdown:

Not buying from buyers with less than 98% positive feedback is stupid in my opinion. If they have a serious listing with good photos, I am happy to buy from them.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
OK if you only have 1 bad feedback out of 50, and that's why your feedback is 98%, I would take that into consideration. But if someone has 500 transactions and 10 negatives, then he would be 98% too, and I would not buy from him. If anyone receives 10 negative feedbacks, he is doing something wrong, no matter how many positives he has. After all, there are plenty of sellers who have tens of thousands of positive feedbacks and NO negatives.

Also, did you describe why the box was defective? I don't think just saying "defective" is good enough --- You should say which functions/parts are defective. Maybe you already did, I don't know.

By the way, I hate when people say "International shipping as defective". There are a couple German sellers who say that, and it cracks me up. :lol: Why would a box be defective if shipped internationally, but not if it's shipped domestically? And it isn't like those words would protect them from a claim anyway.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Reli said:
OK if you only have 1 bad feedback out of 50, and that's why your feedback is 98%, I would take that into consideration. But if someone has 500 transactions and 10 negatives, then he would be 98% too, and I would not buy from him. If anyone receives 10 negative feedbacks, he is doing something wrong, no matter how many positives he has. After all, there are plenty of sellers who have tens of thousands of positive feedbacks and NO negatives.

Also, did you describe why the box was defective? I don't think just saying "defective" is good enough --- You should say which functions/parts are defective. Maybe you already did, I don't know.

By the way, I hate when people say "International shipping as defective". There are a couple German sellers who say that, and it cracks me up. :lol: Why would a box be defective if shipped internationally, but not if it's shipped domestically? And it isn't like those words would protect them from a claim anyway.
The box I sold back then did not power up at all. So defective is just the true description.

I understand any seller who only ships as defective internationally though. The mailmen throw around the boxes so badly sometimes and their policies protect them from any responsibility :annoyed: .
I once had a MINI arriving with a broken handle and even after multiple letters to DHL, they still claimed two layer os industrial bubble wrap and a steady cardboard box were not enough to protect the contents :annoyed: :annoyed: .
It is just to be on the safe side if you sell your items as defective.
I for my part only list my boxes as defective now just to be on the safe side. The eBay definition also says that even if it is only partially defective, you still must not list it as used.
That being said - buying from eBay is always a gamble unless you know the seller.
I prefer to deal with other collectors usually :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
mmcodomino said:
Reli said:

You know what?
I have 97.6% positive feedback or something like that because some Russian moron bought a box from me that I listed as defective for 20€ and he gave me negative feedback because my description was "misleading".
What the heck??????? :annoyed:
You can really not say that everyone who is under 98% is a bad seller. Every single time I would recommend to go through the feedbacks and READ them.
There are plenty of idiotic buyers out there who expect new items when they buy a 30 year old boombox :thumbsdown:

Not buying from buyers with less than 98% positive feedback is stupid in my opinion. If they have a serious listing with good photos, I am happy to buy from them.
--------------------------

max is absolutely RIGHT -- its STOOOOOOOPID to pass any judgement of the seller based on that useless % !!! :dunce:
our own member james/67 has some crappy ebay % --but i have bought and sold many times to/from him -
very good seller --
the only way to go--- is to take your cool time :cool:
and study many of the feedbacks -- the good with the bad

amen

and :-D PS --
listen to this dooozy -- :annoyed: :dunce: :thumbsdown:
many moons ago - on a 7 day auction --i sold a SEALED NIB box :drool:
this dumbshitte buyer --demanded a big refund because she said it was " overpriced "
and that she has " seen these for alot less " :-O

just imagine my reply :lol: :w00t: :lol: :lol:
she gave me a neg --then - with my great help -- she was REMOVED from ebay :thumbsup: :yes: :yes:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
mmcodomino said:
You know what?
Same here Max, I received only one negative feedback in 12 years on eBay but it dropped my rating to 98%. Some moron left me negative feedback saying I made a claim in the listing that wasn't true but the crazy part is my listing didn't mention anything about what he left me a negative for. :huh: To top it off it was a $30 sale including shipping so it was an auction I only made $10 on. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.